fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help! Batch sharing the clips with keywords and metadata

Help! Batch sharing the clips with keywords and metadata 15 Jan 2020 14:42 #103925

• Soran
  • Soran's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Forum,

Range selected or not, the keywords and tagging do not show up when the clips are batch shared/exported from the FCPX browser although the export setting displays all the info on the description and the tagging fields.
FCPX 10.4.8 / Mojave 10.14.6

Many thanks for the support.
Soran

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Help! Batch sharing the clips with keywords and metadata 15 Jan 2020 16:08 #103929

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 412
Exporting as PR 422 and as H.264 I get the keywords in my files, both in the Finder and in QT Player. But not the tagging, as I'm not sure the Finder has an equivalent for that.

ALTHOUGH when BATCH exported, I see the keywords in Quicktime Player, but NOT in the Finder. Which is really odd.

Attachments:

Last edit: by FCPX.guru.

Help! Batch sharing the clips with keywords and metadata 16 Jan 2020 08:34 #103935

• Soran
  • Soran's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Ben,

Thanks for highlighting this odd behavior with the screen captures.

As expected, the FCPX browser/timeline pull up the keywords imported from tagged clips in finder but in reverse, the finder fails to display the keywords/tagging of the same batch exported clips.
On the other hand, Findrcat app, intelligent assistance, manage the reverse action successfully.

BTW, your screenshot shows only exported FCPX project, have you tested on the multi clips with range selected (from browser, timeline). Do you get the same result? If you do so, then you can't do any search based on tagging in finder since the tag fields are empty for batch exported clips.

Thanks,

Help! Batch sharing the clips with keywords and metadata 16 Jan 2020 11:26 #103938

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 412
Those were exported from the Browser. Once a clip is used in a Project, the Project name becomes part of its metadata.

Last edit: by FCPX.guru.
  • Page: