fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Create snow in Final Cut Pro X quickly with SNØW - a free snow generator

Create snow in Final Cut Pro X quickly with SNØW - a free snow generator 22 Dec 2019 03:55 #103398

• benhalsall
  • benhalsall's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
This is a ZIP file of the SNØW generator first posted by Karsten Schlüter (link below).

The original installer does not work on Catalina so I have posted the ZIP below which Karsten said was OK.

Unzip the generator files attached and drop them into /Movies/Motion Templates/Generators folder.

Take a peek at my tutorial here: https://youtu.be/TnbPxmeVnY0

I run through how to easily render out snow with transparency so that you can avoid the long render times you might experience with the plugin alone.

The original thread can be found here:
www.fcp.co/forum/generators/26576-snow-a-free-snow-generator
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by benhalsall.

Create snow in Final Cut Pro X quickly with SNØW - a free snow generator 22 Dec 2019 12:05 #103403

• Axel
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 72
Hi Ben,
thanks for the tutorial, I love watching those.

I was wondering whether the oof foreground snowflakes should fall faster than those in the background. They certainly should, one could safely scale them also.

OT, but related to your old, outdated and very slow 2015 iMac (the same I have), three things:

First of all, if you're used to edit proxies, you unfortunately can't (because of the alpha) with ProRes4444 :(

Then, by pure incident, the next video on Youtube after your's was a tutorial on using Optimized and Proxy, and the guy made a statement that was completely new to me (timestamp not working here, it's 11'27"):

... and that is that if Optimized copies exist, Better Performance will play back those. Whereas, if you didn't create any, you will instead see Originals in a creepy draft quality. Seems he is right. Did you know that? And then, in theory, you could use 4444.

And, though it actually belonged in the Hardware forum, I want to share a video review - or the best ad ever! - of the new MacPro and the XDR display. I don't compare this to our vintage machines, I just like the childly joy these musicians (LPX) show, and I like the inspiring song:

Thanks again, and Happy Holiday!

Last edit: by Axel.

Create snow in Final Cut Pro X quickly with SNØW - a free snow generator 23 Dec 2019 03:47 #103414

• Karsten Schlüter
  • Thank you received: 659
… for a while I thought an installer would be more convenient than manual installation, some people don't manage…

So, have to admit, got a bit lazy with my plug-ins… feel free, Ben, to 'optimize' them :)

• Page: