fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How would you do a top ten themed number and description title?

How would you do a top ten themed number and description title? 18 Nov 2019 22:02 #102697

• Cameron Jake
  • Cameron Jake's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I want to do a “top ten things we like” film edit.

I am stuck on how to display a large number and then a description e.g

1. Smells good

I have been looking through mtitles from motionvfx and whilst they animate and look good, i think they are distracting.

I kind of think an animated lower third or similar might be more classy and neat but they can look a bit “standard “ - I love the “news item” lower thirds in fcpx but again can’t use that as the colours are not the client corporate look.

This example uses a bug and some text

This one is a lower third

This one is a lower third

I want something cool and not beginner like, but not tooooo YouTuby as the style is more documentary ish - its a car review.

How might you approach it? Can you point me to any thing you have seen?

The other option is to use a “ding” and have a bug style number pop up, but ideally a template would save me some time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Cameron Jake.

How would you do a top ten themed number and description title? 19 Nov 2019 05:57 #102698

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 489
First thing I do is look for examples of what other people have done that I like. Then think about what would lend itself to my subject matter and emotional content.

How would you do a top ten themed number and description title? 19 Nov 2019 10:28 #102700

• Karsten Schlüter
  • Thank you received: 660

Cameron Jake wrote: … more classy … neat… something cool … not beginner like…not tooooo YouTuby … more documentary ish ….

Technically, you have two options:
• using/purchasing a read-made template
• build your own in Motion…

conc. HOW it should look like: your description is very… subjective. Guess, my European/old man's interpretation of 'cool' is quiet different from that of an twenty-ish US skater-boy… ;)
(imho, NONE of the two examples are covering any of your criteria…)

Use a pen & paper and draw your ideas. And/or, follow Ben's excellent advice and collect existing examples. In second step, consider the how-to transfer your imagination into a working Title/Generator << which is the easy part in creating screen-design.

… speaking of 'cars' :
just watched Ken Block's latest insanity - now THAT is a cool screen screen design, even for an old man like me… :woohoo:

How would you do a top ten themed number and description title? 20 Nov 2019 13:38 #102735

• Cameron Jake
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Yeh nice budget on those!
I like the glitch black screen title on that which is interesting - I think I can maybe do that.

I have this www.motionvfx.com/store,mform,p1848.html
And it shows in the demo that the shapes you see moving, has txt on them but I can't see a way to add text to the shaps or titles as these would be quite fun and quirky as overlays. Any ideas on how to do it?

I did a search for how to add text to mform but no joy!

How would you do a top ten themed number and description title? 20 Nov 2019 19:45 #102739

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 489
It shows you in the demo video and on the web page. You put text down on your timeline, you put shapes on top to interact with it. Pretty simple.
www.motionvfx.com/store,mform,p1848.html

How would you do a top ten themed number and description title? 20 Nov 2019 22:46 #102743

• Cameron Jake
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
I emailed them today they said you cant put text inside any of the shapes.

They said the text on demo was specially done! Another misleading video from them; they also don't specify that unless you are using a £5k mac and a sep gpu that some of the plug ins hang!

If u put text on the timeline and drop these on top they cover your text or it looks odd. Unless you animate your text, but that defeats the object of a drag and drop solution designed to save you money.

2nd or 3rd plug in I have purchases useless to me.

• Page: