fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Imported pictures look red compared to converted Pro Res version on Finder?

Imported pictures look red compared to converted Pro Res version on Finder? 30 Jul 2019 12:01 #100658

• paurray
  • paurray's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Absence of Quality is the essence of squareness.
  • Thank you received: 15
Hi, hi FCPXers

Maybe some one can help me with this one. I have material from a Sony a7. We are filming in HD. I am using Edit Ready to convert the original files to Pro Res HQ. And all looks OKish. But at the very latest when I import the files into FCPX something is very obviously wrong. Every thing gets a red tint, is too bright and seems fuzzy! Does any one have any idea what I am missing? I have analyse vide for balance colour switched off on import into FCPX.

thanks

Paul
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by paurray.

Imported pictures look red compared to converted Pro Res version on Finder? 04 Aug 2019 23:36 #100735

• cofe
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
Don't work with Sony material but I would check wether there is a LUT applied to the clip on import.
Select the clip and check in the 'I' part of the inspector ( selecting 'Settings' view from the bottom) wether there is a LUT selected for the clip? If it is set the LUT to none and see if that fixes the problem.

Other than a LUT I can't think of any other problem?

Imported pictures look red compared to converted Pro Res version on Finder? 05 Aug 2019 12:55 #100741

• paurray
  • paurray's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Absence of Quality is the essence of squareness.
  • Thank you received: 15
Hi cofe

Thanks for your suggestion.
It turned out to be something different.
I had to go into the Settings in the inspector and set the color space override to REC 2020.

thanks all the same

Paul
Attachments:

• Page: