fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Intermittent lockups after performing an edit? console error inside:

Intermittent lockups after performing an edit? console error inside: 28 Jun 2019 18:31 #100325

• trquqgh
  • trquqgh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey all, I have not been able to find anyone else who gets this specfic error in X, would welcome any advice!

I'm working on a documentary feature. 4129 clips in the library including stills (split into events for archival, interviews, b roll, stills, sound), <10 timelines (have gotten into the habit of moving old timelines out of the main library every week to avoid slowdown on launch).

System info:
iMac Pro 3Ghz Xeon W
1TB SSD
64 GB Ram
Raeon Pro Vega 64
Mojave 10.14.5
FCPX 10. 4.6

My timeline is 834 items, and is up to around an hour. Basically, some unknown time after launching FCPX, every time I change the timeline, I get the beach ball and lockup for 5-30 seconds. If I have the console open when it happens, I can see FCPX throwing the following over and over:

error 11:03:20.226639 -0700 Final Cut Pro HALC_ProxyIOContext.cpp:1032:IOWorkLoop: HALC_ProxyIOContext::IOWorkLoop: failed to send or receive the message from the server, Error: 0x10000003

More info:
The footage is stored externally from the library on a NAS. Something was broken with the primary partition of my SSD which affected network speed pretty badly, to fix that I created a separate 100gb partition that has a clean install of Mojave and only the essential programs. I generated proxies for everything, which are also stored on the NAS. The library file itself and the cache are on the other partition of my internal SSD.

The problem seems worse when using Airpods, but is intermittent enough where I can't be sure. I speculated it might have something to do with a Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4k in here, but updating the for that driver as well as disconnecting the box have no effect on the problem.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

MXF export issues 29 Jun 2019 13:03 #100329

• ronny courtens
  • Thank you received: 895
Your Library and your cache folder are stored on a partition of your internal drive that you say to be problematic. FCP X Libraries and cache folders need to be stored on the fastest possible drive in your system. If the primary partition of your SSD has performance issues, you should store your Library and cache on a fast external drive instead. If your NAS is fast enough (fast processors, loads of RAM and at least 8 drives in RAID), this would be the best place to work from.

- Ronny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: