fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How do I create a space between two stills in order to add another at a latter date?

How do I create a space between two stills in order to add another at a latter date? 05 May 2019 05:47 #99894

• Whokuni
  • Whokuni's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have added a file to show you

what I am trying to do. E.g. place, maybe "a spacing" between two stills - that won't upset the current narration line and in order to drop another still when I get it from the person who is taking it for me in the next day or two. I am anxious to get this project done asap and if there is a way I sure would like to know of it. Thanking you in advance if you can help me.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How do I create a space between two stills in order to add another at a latter date? 05 May 2019 11:49 #99896

• Tom Wolsky
  • Thank you received: 733
Add a Gap Clip Opt-W. Make it whatever length you want.

How do I create a space between two stills in order to add another at a latter date? 05 May 2019 12:34 #99898

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 499
What I do is play your playhead where you want the clip to be, select it in the Browser and use Q to make a connected clip. The gap clip gets filled in automatically. Then you can overwrite the gap clip if you want later (right-click the clip, choose Overwrite Primary Storyline.

Either way works.

How do I create a space between two stills in order to add another at a latter date? 05 May 2019 12:44 #99899

• Whokuni
  • Whokuni's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I thought there had to be a way. Will do as you suggested. Many thanks

How do I create a space between two stills in order to add another at a latter date? 06 May 2019 02:55 #99901

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 499
There's a third way to do it, which involves chewing gum, a small piece of aluminum foil, six inches of twine, and a paperclip. Oh wait, this isn't Avid, never mind...

Last edit: by FCPX.guru.
  • Page: