fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cheat Sheet for all the Plugins you own?

Cheat Sheet for all the Plugins you own? 24 Jan 2019 20:46 #98656

• jim@jimcutler.com
  • jim@jimcutler.com's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi fcp.co, I'm Jim and this is my first time here. Does anyone have a solution? Has anyone created a good way to quickly remind yourself what effects are offered in all the plugins you own? I constantly find myself searching in vain through all I have for something I know is there but haven't used before: airplane effect or special callout or stop watch that I know came with a package, but I can't remember which. I HAVE created a favorites folder for each of the plugin categories in FCPX. I can search by keywords for sure, but most of the time it's search and search. It costs a lot of time. This is truly a first world problem of riches I realize, but it is a giant time killer.

Forgive me if this has already been covered, I tried to search. thank you in advance!

Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cheat Sheet for all the Plugins you own? 25 Jan 2019 09:56 #98659

• Karsten Schlüter
  • Thank you received: 660
Welcome, Jim, to fcp.co :)

jim@jimcutler.com wrote: … a good way to quickly remind yourself what effects are offered in all the plugins you own? I constantly find myself searching… This is truly a first world problem of riches I realize, but it is a giant time killer. …

uhm, well… the best overview - for me! and I did create hundreds of plugins in the past years - is the build-in Title/Effects/Generator browser itself: the icons quickly indicate what it is, hovering the cursor over it applies effects instantly to selected clip, and you can search by name/keywords and finally group them, e.g. I collected all generators needed for my weekly football reports in a 'football' sub-category …

A cheat-sheet, maybe print?? No way, then I need a bigger office.-

Frankly said: Movie-making is 90% organizing, tagging, naming, 'killing your darlings' (=effects not in use, come into a folder OUTSIDE 'Motion Templates')… Dare to say, if your workplace is cluttered even more furniture & papers don't help ;)

Cheat Sheet for all the Plugins you own? 25 Jan 2019 16:32 #98666

• jim@jimcutler.com
  • jim@jimcutler.com's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Karsten, Thanks fo the reply! I've been following you and with your experience if you say the browser is the way, then I'll use the browser. I think I'm gonna take a day to go through every plugin and take some notes. An old post of yours helped in that I made a Favorites folder for each of the 4 categories. Thank you my friend. Have a great weekend.

• Page: