fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Importing P2 video AVC-Intra 100 problem (10.4, High Sierra, Mac Pro, Sonnet P2 reader)

Importing P2 video AVC-Intra 100 problem (10.4, High Sierra, Mac Pro, Sonnet P2 reader) 15 Feb 2018 17:24 #94173

• WillRogersFAN
  • WillRogersFAN's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have two clips of interviews that play fine in camera with all audio intact, but when looking at the archive or even after importing in FCPX, either from the archive or directly from the p2 card, I have no audio. I have tried to copy the clips to a different card in camera, but nothing works. Looking on Apple's forums I noticed two posts with similar issues. Does anyone else have issues with MXF files? Any solutions?
10.4, High Sierra, Mac Pro, Sonnet P2 reader

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Importing P2 video AVC-Intra 100 problem (10.4, High Sierra, Mac Pro, Sonnet P2 reader) 15 Feb 2018 18:55 #94176

• WillRogersFAN
  • WillRogersFAN's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I was able to use a 10.1.4 copy of FCPX and import the video with audio intact. I believe this is a known bug, just like with other XML based video that we are seeing issues with across the board. What is interesting is that all of my other video seems to be playing just fine, etc. I have 4 channels of audio on all of those clips. The only difference is that I turned on my second wireless microphone on those other clips because of another talent got mic'd up.

Importing P2 video AVC-Intra 100 problem (10.4, High Sierra, Mac Pro, Sonnet P2 reader) 18 Feb 2018 05:32 #94194

• dgwvideo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 242
Panasonic has updated drivers for High Sierra. You might check to see if you are using the latest P2 driver. I am still on Sierra (not HS) with FCPX 10.4 but I can confirm importing P2 content works successfully with all audio and video intact on that OS. I have imported from either the camera directly or using a Panasonic P2 reader with same successful results.
Creating history....one edit at a time !

Last edit: by dgwvideo.

Importing P2 video AVC-Intra 100 problem (10.4, High Sierra, Mac Pro, Sonnet P2 reader) 18 Feb 2018 14:40 #94199

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 487
Got a link to those updated drivers?

Importing P2 video AVC-Intra 100 problem (10.4, High Sierra, Mac Pro, Sonnet P2 reader) 18 Feb 2018 18:26 #94209

• dgwvideo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 242
Here is the latest P2 driver site for various Mac OS. This is for High Sierra, but you can select the tabs for Sierra, El Capitan, etc. eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/...in/macp2driver_e.htm

If you have registered any Panasonic Pro products with the PASS (Provided Asset Support System) site, you can find firmware and driver updates specific to your products with your login here: eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp/p2ui/guest/ShowInitTopPage.do

And without a login, many of the P2 cameras, software, viewers, etc. can be downloaded thru here: Click the software download tab, and then at the top, click the P2 tab. This link is the same as above: eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp/p2ui/guest/ShowInitTopPage.do
Creating history....one edit at a time !

Last edit: by dgwvideo.
  • Page: