• Page:

TOPIC: 10.4 Bug: Playhead jumps around while color correcting

10.4 Bug: Playhead jumps around while color correcting 31 Oct 2018 17:56 #97593

• NotARubicon_Productions
  • NotARubicon_Productions's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Redifer wrote: This bug has existed forever and Apple has absolutely no intentions of fixing it...

I'd love to know your source for this information..

At any rate, so far your opinion holds true.. Been happening to me for the last few versions and is still happing on 10.4.3 & Mojave 10.14

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10.4 Bug: Playhead jumps around while color correcting 01 Nov 2018 09:19 #97594

• boderick.boddington
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I also experience this 'feature', and for quite a few releases.
My only observation is that it jumps if I click the playhead at a position in a clip, but if I let the playhead play then stop (pressing spacebar), it doesn't then jump when I perform the colour correction.

10.4 Bug: Playhead jumps around while color correcting 01 Nov 2018 11:39 #97596

• Axel
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 72

NotARubicon_Productions wrote:

Redifer wrote: This bug has existed forever and Apple has absolutely no intentions of fixing it...

I'd love to know your source for this information..

At any rate, so far your opinion holds true.. Been happening to me for the last few versions and is still happing on 10.4.3 & Mojave 10.14

Apple probably got the feedback. And they react. Remember the old bug, where cards could not be ejected ?

Gone.

To compensate for this (surreptitiously fixed) problem, there now seems to be a new one in Mojave: I drag a few jpegs on a stick, preview one or more, *close them again*, then try to eject the stick. One or more application uses it - which? Preview closed. Nothing else in use. Finder? Have to pull out the stick and get the usual not-ejected-properly-warning ....

10.4 Bug: Playhead jumps around while color correcting 01 Nov 2018 20:06 #97599

• Redifer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 79

NotARubicon_Productions wrote: I'd love to know your source for this information..

Experience? If they had any interest and/or ability to fix it, they would have done so by now. They either don't want to fix it or are unable to fix it. So it's here to stay until they rewrite the app from ground up again. And it's really, really due for that. I hope they add bezier curves to all keyframes when/if they do, not just some. I hope Apple doesn't give up and just leave the market to Adobe so that they can work on their expensive phones and computers that get angry if you put 3rd party RAM in.

• Page: