• Page:

TOPIC: Graphic Replacement Updates

Graphic Replacement Updates 07 Nov 2017 18:06 #91563

• MotionBlur
  • MotionBlur's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I've searched and couldn't find others who may have came across this oddity.
I render slate graphic info for closing graphics for some videos. i.e. dates and times of upcoming events.
Sometimes those dates change. I typically export from photoshop or AE a still.
When returning to FCP X the rendered transitions, typically a fade, retain the previous graphic.
I do realize that rendered transitions can stay in the cue and as I do not change file names the system keeps
the relationship with what has been there. I have deleted transitions and added new ones and the previous graphics
still retains their inclusion. My only work around is to slip the graphics clip so it doesn't recognize the graphics "time presence". I agree FCP X is trying for speed here, but I wish it could understand update times regardless of file creation and include updates in rendered transitions etc...
Fill me in if you can give me what is UP!! Disclosure - I do not use Motion ( please don't say I should ).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by MotionBlur.

Graphic Replacement Updates 10 Nov 2017 01:06 #91595

• ianstubbs
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
I have recently had a similar problem with minor changes to titles not being rendered when outputting and overwriting an existing file. FCPX doesn’t output a new file, presumably because there’s no flag to say that what I’m trying to write is different from the file that’s already there.

Deleting the file from the disc first or saving (sorry, sharing) with a different file name works. I suggest you delete render files and the target file on the disc. It looks like there is at least one bug to report here.

Ian.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: