fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: HELP : I see only pink frames with RED camera footage !!!

HELP : I see only pink frames with RED camera footage !!! 19 Feb 2017 08:23 #85879

• ronfya
  • ronfya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Hello Guys

I am quite on a deadline here with a project and ... everything was fine yesterday when I was editing but this morning wehn I reopened, it turned into a nightmare: all my RED Scarlet MX 4k footage turned into pink frames ! (I am on OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan and nothing changed since I closed my laptop yesterday)

This just happens for the optimized media. The proxy view is fine, so I may continue to edit and eventually replace all the pieces of footage needed before exporting my final version, but you can imagine what a nightmare it will be.

Any idea of what is going on guys ?

I looked around, read about similar cases but found no solutions :S

Please help. Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by ronfya.

HELP : I see only pink frames with RED camera footage !!! 19 Feb 2017 08:50 #85880

• ronfya
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Upon further investigation, I noticed that it happened only on SOME clips part of a multicam (you can see it in the previous pictures I posted).

But worse, I went to check the optimized files from the library through the finder ("FCPX Library > Media > Transcoded Media > HIgh Quality Media") and it seems those are corrupted directly.

They preview as pink in the finder, quicktime 7 & quicktime X. They preview as deep green in VLC.

I checked the original media in REDcine-X and it is fine.

Is there a way to regenerate optimized media in FCPX ?
I may try to delete the files in the "HIgh Quality Media" folder and see what happens ...

Haaaaaa I'm freaking out !!!

Cheers
Attachments:

HELP : I see only pink frames with RED camera footage !!! 19 Feb 2017 09:30 #85881

• ronfya
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Follow up.

I compressed/hid/deleted the corrupted files in the finder ("FCPX Library > Media > Transcoded Media > HIgh Quality Media") and then asked FCPX to recreate optimized media again for a file.

It solved the problem (you can see the first video which has been rebuilt). I hope it won't reappear. But that also means I need to transcode all this media again. Waaaasted time. :pinch:

I also noticed that the pink videos are only a few MB instead of the several GB that the optimized video should be.

Really don't know what happened here

Attachments:

HELP : I see only pink frames with RED camera footage !!! 19 Feb 2017 14:47 #85899

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 417
FCPX should not let you quit when it is still optimizing or other background tasks, but that's what seems to have happened. No forced quits lately, eh? I've had some odd bugs with multicams lately, also. Corrupted Project timelines that claim to be "audio only compound clip". That's an odd problem.

I'm assuming you have the latest version of Red's QuickTime Workflow installed, right?

HELP : I see only pink frames with RED camera footage !!! 19 Feb 2017 19:16 #85911

• ronfya
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

FCPX.guru wrote: FCPX should not let you quit when it is still optimizing or other background tasks, but that's what seems to have happened.

No that's not what happened. I had all my media transcoded yesterday morning and worked all day long on my cut. I just closed my laptop (without quitting FCPX), reopened it this morning ... and I saw my life in pink !

So far, I didn't close my computer anymore (and I don't think I will .. haha) and I have no more trouble since I deleted the corrupted optimized media and regenerated it again.

FCPX.guru wrote: I'm assuming you have the latest version of Red's QuickTime Workflow installed, right?

yes

HELP : I see only pink frames with RED camera footage !!! 19 Feb 2017 21:15 #85914

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 417
"...but that's what seems to have happened."

Way back in the legacy FCP days, I learned to NEVER let a computer go to sleep while an NLE (or any other mission critical app) is still launched.

Fresh install, I'm baffled. Latest Pro Video Support installed, to, I guess. Very baffling.

HELP : I see only pink frames with RED camera footage !!! 19 Feb 2017 22:23 #85916

• smg669
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
I have this happen occasionally to me - RED files play back as solid magenta. It requires me to restart FCPX... or maybe restart the entire machine. And then it's fine again. It looks like this happened to your machine and while the machine was in that state FCPX created the optimized files. This is on a 2013 MP. Is that you machine as well?

HELP : I see only pink frames with RED camera footage !!! 20 Feb 2017 12:23 #85925

• Gabba84
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
I can confirm what smg669 said. The pink clips is a bug (i guess this is related to the RED FCPX plugin). Sometimes (more often during long working sessions), all clips stop showing correctly and become pink solids. So, if this happens during the creation of optimised/proxy media, all those clips will be pink clips. Closing and reopening fcpx solve the problem. But it is still annoying.

I'm working on a 2013 MacPro

Last edit: by Gabba84.

HELP : I see only pink frames with RED camera footage !!! 09 Nov 2017 22:50 #91594

• mangelo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello everyone,

I was able to wake things up by simply choosing the clip in question then going to the Inspector/Info/Modify RED RAW Settings, woke everything right up as relaunching and restarts were not working for me.

Hope this proves useful, cheers

Michael Angelo

• Page: