- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
3 Post Moderation Rule for New Boarders (25 Jan 2021)
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
FCPX 10.1.0 PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION
- realizacja.tv
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
not is another issue
New MacPro - to work with FCPX - better graphics or more processors?
- Disproportionate Pictures
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Platinum Member
-
- Posts: 1433
- Thank you received: 64
A MAXED OUT MacPro- 1TB SSD, 64GB RAM, D700s, and 12-core CPU is... CN$9,700.
I also had him price out a 8-core with the 500GB SSD- and that was CN$7,700.
I'm amazed.
- Disproportionate Pictures
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Platinum Member
-
- Posts: 1433
- Thank you received: 64
There won't be any delay or roll out. I'd expect this to drop next week now.
Disproportionate Pictures wrote: @ceeman. Those ARE the prices. That's from Apple. The configuration options are showing up on their internal store.
There won't be any delay or roll out. I'd expect this to drop next week now.
Yet for one reason or another only the 4 and 6 core have been listed on Apple's website for some time. You have have real prices but it's clear that's a much more recent development than the 4 and 6 core… unless you think they've had a reason to withhold that pricing.
- Disproportionate Pictures
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Platinum Member
-
- Posts: 1433
- Thank you received: 64
I did find out that to max out the RAM from 16GB to 64GB will cost you $1,200. Which is in line with the iMac's 32GB for $600. In Canada anyway.
- Disproportionate Pictures
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Platinum Member
-
- Posts: 1433
- Thank you received: 64
- jjsanderson
-
- Offline
- Elite Member
-
Disproportionate Pictures wrote: For what it's worth. Philip Hodgetts is saying on Facebook that he'd be "very surprised if the next FCP X release is a paid upgrade.".
This has come up on one of the email lists. As I recall, Philip's reasoning was (like mine) partly based on a misconception about how the Logic Pro upgrade was handled.
I think at this point we're basically all guessing. Anyone who isn't guessing - ie. who actually knows something - is keeping very quiet.
…though my guess remains that v10.1 won't be charged. Optimism, basically.
@Alex4D
- Habernigvideo
-
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
- Posts: 35
- Thank you received: 1
As for Motion, I think there will be a big feature, something ground breaking like 3D, similar to motionvfx's mObject or a more advanced physics engine like newton for After Effects. The "Design" animation that opened the most recent keynote and was roughly cheated/recreated in motion by Mark and Steve on a recent MacBreak Studio, Mark Spencer mentioned that the "Design" animation was not created in Motion. The "Design" clip can be found on Newton's page: Newton
- Disproportionate Pictures
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Platinum Member
-
- Posts: 1433
- Thank you received: 64
If FCPX drives people to upgrade hardware, then that will certainly be more profitable for them than $299 every 2 years.
That said, I still don't see apple "giving away" pro apps, or bundling them with hardware, like the others...
If you want FCPX (or Logic, or Motion, or Aperture) you're going to have to pay for it once at full price. After that... well- let's see what December brings.
- Scrubelicious
-
- Offline
- Platinum Member
-
- Posts: 1228
- Thank you received: 114
Buy the App that only works for certain hardware and the updates have to accomplished with upgrading hardware. Standard procedure in the iOS world.
- Disproportionate Pictures
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Platinum Member
-
- Posts: 1433
- Thank you received: 64
Though at this point if 10.1 was Mavericks only, I can't imagine it would be cutting too many FCPX users off hardware-wise, since 10.9 supports Macs all the way back to 2008.
Disproportionate Pictures wrote: I think they'll accomplish that same thing by mandating minimum OSX requirements.
Though at this point if 10.1 was Mavericks only, I can't imagine it would be cutting too many FCPX users off hardware-wise, since 10.9 supports Macs all the way back to 2008.
Hmmm….. I'm currently resisting Mavericks on my MacPro with the LTO drive because the archive software isn't mavericks compatible and I'm not ready to upgrade it
I guess this would force the issue, so if FCPX is a paid for upgrade then it's a double whammy.
- soarininmotion
-
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
- Posts: 35
- Thank you received: 3
- CBlakeston
-
- Offline
- Elite Member
-
- Posts: 175
- Thank you received: 5
Tues: 3rd
Tues: 10th
Tues: 17th ???
- daviddelreal
-
- Offline
- Elite Member
-
- Posts: 230
- Thank you received: 6
CBlakeston wrote: We should all start speculating when it's going to drop?
Tues: 3rd
Tues: 10th
Tues: 17th ???
1. I'm strongly hoping for...
2. The most probable date.
3. Too close to Christmas and end of year.
- CBlakeston
-
- Offline
- Elite Member
-
- Posts: 175
- Thank you received: 5



