• Page:

TOPIC: Compressor settings accessible for users

Compressor settings accessible for users 27 Apr 2016 11:45 #76104

• AppleGuru
  • AppleGuru's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Is there away to install Custom Compressor Settings on a workstation that all users will have access to?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Compressor settings accessible for users 27 Apr 2016 12:24 #76106

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1277
Custom settings can be shared. They are stored in the following location, and can be copied between computers easily. If you email a custom setting to someone, zip it first, so the email server doesn't reformat the file and screw it up.

Users > [user home folder] > Library > Application Support > Compressor > Settings

Compressor custom settings have the suffix .cmpstng and the following icon in the Finder.

Unfortunately, I don't know any way to share a custom preset universally between all users, short of putting this in each user's Compressor settings folder. Droplets may be another possible way to share custom settings.
Attachments:

Last edit: by BenB.

Compressor settings accessible for users 27 Apr 2016 12:43 #76108

• AppleGuru
  • AppleGuru's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

BenB wrote: Custom settings can be shared. They are stored in the following location, and can be copied between computers easily. If you email a custom setting to someone, zip it first, so the email server doesn't reformat the file and screw it up.

Users > [user home folder] > Library > Application Support > Compressor > Settings

Compressor custom settings have the suffix .cmpstng and the following icon in the Finder.

Thanks, already aware of adding custom settings in the User level but I am looking for a option to add it on the Workstation level.

• Page: