TOPIC: Canon c100 and Compressor

Canon c100 and Compressor 15 Sep 2015 15:48 #68535

• M.Kulakovskij
  • M.Kulakovskij's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Guys, im mikel.

My English isn't quite well but i hope its enough :)

So my problem is actually that i can't really get the image quality of my c100 out of compressor...
The main difference is that the new generated file is not as sharp as the original one.
And when i upload it into youtube the sharpness goes much more down.

I brought for you some screenshots of the original Video Data Information in FCP ( it can't be manipulated by FCP ) and the finished Compressor Video Data Information.

Do somebody also work with the c100 and Compressor? And if yes, how do u compress the Video Files?
I want to study this but the internet simply empty about this topic..I work now for 2 1/2 Years autodidact with Videos and Photos and had never such problems to export something..

Thank u for every Reply in forward!

PS: The Video Information is a bit german, but i think the most of u will see the data clear. sorry for that.. i can send u more if u need something.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Canon c100 and Compressor 17 Sep 2015 15:03 #68635

• Russ Haskell
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
What format are you shooting…is it interlaced? If so, that may explain why your images aren't holding their quality when uploaded (and are recompressed) to You Tube.

Russ.

Last edit: by Russ Haskell. Reason: grammar!

Canon c100 and Compressor 17 Sep 2015 19:31 #68654

• manoucho
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 46
Mikel

As Russ said, there is something suspicious in the screenshot you sent: it shows 25i

i stands for interlaced. It should be p for progressive. Several options here:

- You shot interlaced with the C100 (and you should not)
- You set some interlacing in the settings of the timeline (and you should not)
- Maybe you do all correct as there is a small bug within FCPX that sometimes displays 25i instead of 25p for footage that has been syncronized. In that case, you do not have to change anything.

HOWEVER, you are attempting to compress in MPEG2. This is a really old, inefficient compressor Codec that was mainly used for making DVDs.

In Compressor, go to Video Sharing Services, and choose HD1080. By defaut it will compress in H264 and you will get much, much better compressed videos.

• Page: