fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
Third Party Products for FCP
  • Page:

TOPIC:

CatDV integration with FCPX 21 Dec 2015 19:17 #71670

The company I work for is in the process of implementing CatDV to catalogue all our original media. Everyone on our team uses Premiere Pro except me. I am the only FCPX editor on the team. I get the occasional joke but overall they have been great about letting me do my thing.

The problem I'm having is that most of our training and info around CatDV has centered around PP. I would love to hear if anyone out there is using CatDV and what their experience has been. Good or bad.

I'm the only person on the team that uses metadata to edit at all so I'm guessing it won't be hard to adapt to but who knows.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

CatDV integration with FCPX 09 Jan 2016 06:51 #72042

Hey Ray! The job I'm on right now is a mix of PP & FCPX and we have CatDV. Honestly, it hasn't offered much to our workflow other than a way to archive with metadata for a later date. Hopefully someone here has found it more useful. I think I heard Philip Hodgetts mention it once?

CatDV integration with FCPX 12 Jan 2016 19:39 #72127

Thanks Patrick. We will start using CatDV in the next couple of months (or whenever they can actually get it working). So far I'm feeling the same way about it. Seems like ok for archive but not much else. I feel like we are being promised that it will automate lots of things for us but I'm skeptical.

• Page: