fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
Third Party Products for FCP
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Apple Magic Keyboard 02 Dec 2015 22:39 #71128

Has anyone got the new keyboard. At first I really liked it but with heavier use the past few days I've noticed it moves when I use it, which is massively annoying.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Apple Magic Keyboard 02 Dec 2015 23:24 #71129

Haven't used the new variety released recently, not a fan of non-replaceable batteries for this application so there are no plans to purchase them.

I do use the "aa" Apple wireless keyboard and mouse with eneloop rechargeable low self discharge batteries. I keep an extra set already charged in my desk drawer that I use when either keyboard or mouse shows low battery. Then charge the ones that were drained and put them in the drawer all ready for the next low battery warning.

If all that bothers you with the version you have then a possible solution is to add some thin adhesive backed non-slip rubber feet which should help keep it from slipping.

Last edit: by DigiGal.

Apple Magic Keyboard 03 Dec 2015 00:43 #71130

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1278
Still waiting for a wireless "full sized" keyboard. I can't live without the numeric keypad and navigation keys.

Apple Magic Keyboard 03 Dec 2015 07:08 #71138

... I can't live without the numeric keypad and navigation keys.

you can 'add' a wireless numeric keypad to an Apple wireless keyboard, e.g.

www.amazon.com/Cropmark-AG-WKP-1314-Blue...eywords=apple+keypad

(this one offers optional to be 'stitched' to the keyboard)

ok, not exactly what you're looking for ... ;)

Last edit: by Karsten Schlüter.

Apple Magic Keyboard 03 Dec 2015 07:12 #71139

• MsJustine
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I am in Durban, safe and warm...
  • Thank you received: 46
I agree with BenB, a wireless full size keyboard that takes replaceable batteries, I find the USB cable placement on the full size wired keyboard highly annoying. That and the fact it does not have USB power, really it should, it has 2 USB ports, with would be uselful, but the only thing that the keyboard based USB works with without annoying messages is my bluetooth wireless mouse...Again a sore point, 99 flavors of bluetooth...Why the mouse needs a bliuetooth dongle when the laptop has bluetooth... :( :angry:

Apple Magic Keyboard 03 Dec 2015 15:13 #71149

Haven't used the new variety released recently, not a fan of non-replaceable batteries for this application so there are no plans to purchase them.

I do use the "aa" Apple wireless keyboard and mouse with eneloop rechargeable low self discharge batteries. I keep an extra set already charged in my desk drawer that I use when either keyboard or mouse shows low battery. Then charge the ones that were drained and put them in the drawer all ready for the next low battery warning.

If all that bothers you with the version you have then a possible solution is to add some thin adhesive backed non-slip rubber feet which should help keep it from slipping.

It has non-slip feet maybe I need some brakes on them.

Apple Magic Keyboard 03 Dec 2015 15:33 #71150

^ I'm suggesting you add more surface area with better grip to supplement what's already there. ;)

Last edit: by DigiGal.

Apple Magic Keyboard 04 Dec 2015 14:32 #71166

• PaulG
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
The new magic keyboard replaces the original small Bluetooth keyboard with removeable batteries. The older one was never optimized for video editing anyway, so it's silly to slag the new one off for the same reason. I do like the new Magic Keyboard because the rechargeable battery Is environmentally more friendly and is less of a PIA I terms of constantly swapping batteries. Even using rechargeable AAs, it was still a PIA. But for FCP and AE, give me the full sized wired keyboard anytime.

Apple Magic Keyboard 04 Dec 2015 14:47 #71167

How am I slagging it for 'the same reason' the old one didn't move when I typed. This one, for me does. It's a beautiful keyboard I was merely pointing out an annoyance I find when using it.

Apple Magic Keyboard 04 Dec 2015 15:29 #71168

• PaulG
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Fair enough. I think the discussion diverged into 10 key pads etc. I'd just put some clear silicone pads at the bottom. I do like that the keyboard height is lower, which lets you rest your wrists on the table and helps mitigate carpal tunnel issues.

• Page: