Apple has published updates to the Pro Video apps today. Final Cut Pro, Motion and Compressor get new features, iMovie for the Mac gets an update too. There's also an update of Pro Video Formats to 2.2.3.
We have seen Final Cut Pro 10.6.2 from the demo videos that featured the new Mac Studio, but the update is available today!
All the Pro Video apps have been tweaked for Apple Silicon optimisation and the Mac Studio. Also for the first time, they have all been localised for Korean.
Final Cut Pro 10.6.2
Dupe Detection & Voice Isolator - (Previewed with the Mac Studio)
Waveform drawing speed fix - Faster redraws after blading a clip.
List of all new features & bugfixes
- Quickly locate media that appears more than once in a project using highlighted clip ranges or the Timeline Index.
- Improve the clarity of speech by adjusting the level of background noise using machine learning (Requires macOS Monterey 12.3 or later).
- Optimized playback and graphics performance for M1 Max and M1 Ultra on the new Mac Studio.
- Import Magic Movie and Storyboard projects created with iMovie for iOS version 3.0 into the timeline.
- Adds Korean language support.
- Final Cut Pro 10.6.2 also includes these additional fixes and enhancements:
- Attach titles and graphics to existing tracker data in the Tracker Options on-screen-control.
- Choose either pin to tracker or offset from tracker in the Tracker Options on-screen-control.
- Tracking Editor automatically displays in the timeline when performing an object track.
- Items attached to a tracked object can be scaled in X and Y sizes uniformly.
- Improves reliability when using the Object Tracker with clips that don’t match the project’s frame rate.
- Improves reliability when using the Object Tracker in connected storylines.
- Improves reliability when using Send to Compressor with a compound clip that contains Object Tracker data.
- Improves functionality when selecting photos and videos with the Photos browser.
- Improves functionality when dragging photos and videos from the Photos app directly into Final Cut Pro.
- Improves performance when drawing waveforms.
- Improves reliability when playing audio from a clip that is reversed in the timeline.
- Fixes an issue where video scopes would sometimes appear monochrome.
- Improves reliability when removing effects from retimed clips.
- Fixes an issue where opening a compound or multicam clip in a connected storyline would sometimes display an empty timeline.
- Fixes an issue where opening a project after modifying its starting timecode would sometimes display an empty timeline.
- Improves reliability when using the keyboard to navigate to captions attached to a secondary storyline.
- Includes an alpha channel when exporting a PNG file from the timeline.
New Slice Scale filter - more information as we get it!
- Fixes an issue in which the reconnect media window might be unresponsive.
- Fixes an issue in which sharing media could cause banding.
- Adds a Scale Mode menu to choose a scaling method when using a match move behavior.
- Improves playback and share performance when working with 3D Objects on Mac computers with Apple silicon.
- View a video’s transparency (requires macOS Monterey 12.3 or later), the aspect ratio of an output, and modified source media properties in the preview viewer.
- Rotate and flip video files using new video properties in a setting.
- Optimized transcoding performance for M1 Max and M1 Ultra on the new Mac Studio.
- Adds Korean language support.
- Compressor 4.6.1 also includes these fixes and enhancements:
- Adds the ability to drag and drop media from the Photos app.
- Adds the ability to encode files to HEVC 10 Bit 4:2:2 on Mac computers with Apple silicon running macOS Monterey 12.3 or later.
- Fixes an issue where an alias would not trigger a transcode with a Watch Folder.
- Adds an HEVC HTTPS Live Streaming destination with updated resolutions and bit rates.
- Adds a new automatic bit rate preset for HTTPS Live Streaming in the video settings inspector.
- Fixes an issue in which selecting a Final Cut Pro project with a Generator in the batch window may not work as expected.
- Fixes an issue where creating a new job from a selected output may fail.
- Adds a warning when system settings may prevent jobs from being submitted.
Ability to rotate & flip video on settings on output (for processing mobile phone footage).
Import Magic Move & Storyboard features into Mac version.
Pro Video Formats 2.2.3