Instagram Stories are popular at the moment, so making eye-catching content is essential to stand out. In this tutorial Leno Porto takes us through building a template especially for Instagram.
Instagram stories is a powerful tool to grow your number of followers on Instagram, so let’s learn how to create a template to use in Final Cut Pro X over and over again.
If you don’t have the time or skills to work in Motion 5, we are launching a new plugin called “Instagram Stories 2”.
This plugin has all the tools you need to grow your Instagram account. It's very easy to use and get professional results quickly.
Only $29.99 until October 20th (regular price: $39.99)
So, let’s get started. Right click on any of the GIFS to see them bigger!
01 Create a New Project
1. Open Motion and create a new Final Cut Title Project
2. Add an image to the background layer
3. Add a colorize effect and change its colors
4. Add a contrast effect to add more contrast to the image
5. Animate the effects using the Mix parameters.
6. Save the project pressing Cmd + S.
02 Designing the Title
1. Create two groups and rename them as “Title" and "Subtitle".
2. Create a rectangle inside the Title's group
3. Create a new text
4. Add an image mask to the rectangle and use the title as a mask
03 Designing the Subtitle
1. Duplicate the rectangle by pressing Cmd + D and adjust it to create a line.
2. Duplicate the title and adjust it to create a subtitle.
04 Animating the Title
1. Use the "x scale" to animate the rectangle
2. Use a link behavior to link the y.scale to the x.scale of the Title's group. It's easier to animate only one parameter.
3. Animate the x.scale of the Title's group.
05 Animating the Subtitle
1. Animate the line using the x.scale parameter
2. Create a mask and use it on the subtitle.
3. Animate the subtitle using the Sequence Text behavior
4. Adjust the timing as necessary.
06 Outro Animation
06 Outro Animation
07 Adding Markers
08 Creating the Snapshot to Work in 1080x1920 Resolution
09 Publishing Important Parameters & testing the template in Final Cut Pro X
Congratulations! You now have a great tool to help you grow your Instagram account.
Click here to download the template ready to install and use it.
If you like to watch videos, here’s a video version:
If you want to learn more about how to create more Instagram Stories templates for FCPX click here.
Let me know if you have any question, I’ll be happy to help you.
I hope you like it, thanks!