fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Creating a transition in Motion 5 that doesn't require publishing to Final Cut. 10 Aug 2022 00:20 #121780

Greetings,

I would like to create a in Motion 5 and found many YouTube tutorials. The main problem is, I'm finding only tutorials that requires the transition to be published to Final Cut. I would like to apply the transition only in Motion 5 between two videos. Can this be done?

Thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by rleiman.

Creating a transition in Motion 5 that doesn't require publishing to Final Cut. 10 Aug 2022 00:30 #121782

• DaveM
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 66
It seems, in part, that you are trying to use Motion as an NLE. In lieu of buying FCP, there are a few alternatives you might want to look at: iMovie, DaVinci Resolve, and Shotcut.

That said, here's a webpage that discusses transitions in Motion (scroll down to the Transitions section):

fxfactory.com/help/motion/

Creating a transition in Motion 5 that doesn't require publishing to Final Cut. 10 Aug 2022 02:23 #121786

Yes, I purchased Motion instead of FCP because of the high cost of purchasing FCP. For my NLE, I've been using Filmora. That software is ok but very buggy. I like the Apple software so much more. I would use iMovie if it can be integrated with Apple Motion like FCP is. Right now I can't afford FCP.

I will check out fxfactory to see if I can create the transitions in Motion.

Last edit: by rleiman.

Creating a transition in Motion 5 that doesn't require publishing to Final Cut. 10 Aug 2022 17:25 #121791

• alex4D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 246
Sadly Motion can't make transitions that work in other applications such as iMovie and Keynote.

You can use Motion to transition between two video clips and much more.

The problem is how to turn existing transitions designed for Final Cut Pro into transitions between clips in Motion.

Transitions in Motion are usually short - just a few seconds - whereas videos you want to make in Motion 5 will need to be longer.

I don't think anyone has done a tutorial on that.

Creating a transition in Motion 5 that doesn't require publishing to Final Cut. 10 Aug 2022 17:25 #121792

• alex4D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 246
Sadly Motion can't make transitions that work in other applications such as iMovie and Keynote.

The problem is how to turn existing transitions designed for Final Cut Pro into transitions between clips in Motion.

Transitions in Motion are usually short - just a few seconds - whereas videos you want to make in Motion 5 will need to be longer.

Last edit: by alex4D.

Creating a transition in Motion 5 that doesn't require publishing to Final Cut. 10 Aug 2022 18:40 #121795

Thanks for the reply.

If I can find out how to do transitions within Motion and not need to "publish" it, I would be happy with that since it would be part of my Motion project.

• Page: