fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Keyword Editor doesn't autopopulate when moving to a different project does it? 22 May 2022 17:38 #120702

I thought that if I set up my nine Keywords that they would be set up on a per-project basis but switching between projects, it seems that they remain the same.

I'm presuming this is by design but is anyone else frustrated by it and is there a round it?

I seem to remember reading something a while ago about an update that allowed the user to customise what smart folders were automatically in a new project. I might be misremembering. It seems odd to me that Final Cut Pro wouldn't save keyword shortcuts as part of the project file.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Keyword Editor doesn't autopopulate when moving to a different project does it? 23 May 2022 03:56 #120706

Do you mean Library when you say project? Keywords in a Library are shared with all projects within that Library. On the other hand keywords are not shared between Libraries.

If you what a standard set of keywords for each new Library then you need to set up a master Library that you duplicate for each new Library that you create.

Keyword Editor doesn't autopopulate when moving to a different project does it? 23 May 2022 15:59 #120715

Do you mean Library when you say project? Keywords in a Library are shared with all projects within that Library. On the other hand keywords are not shared between Libraries.

If you what a standard set of keywords for each new Library then you need to set up a master Library that you duplicate for each new Library that you create.

Yes. My bad. I meant Library.

Here's what I mean though ; I believe the Keyword editor, once you've populated the shortcuts in one Library, should keep those shortcuts in that library and, when you switch to a different library the keyword shortcuts should change to those (if you've put them in).

Link to the gif that i can't seem to embed. Think imgur turned it into a video
imgur.com/a/CAkgvXR

Last edit: by jamespeach.

Keyword Editor doesn't autopopulate when moving to a different project does it? 23 May 2022 16:32 #120716

Use feedback to make a feature request. I think it would be very welcome by many users.

Keyword Editor doesn't autopopulate when moving to a different project does it? 23 May 2022 18:54 #120719

I shall do. I just wanted to see whether I was alone in thinking the behaviour was unexpected. I suppose most people have b-roll, outtakes etc.

I need to look into this master library thing though. Is it as simple as just creating one you like and then saving it and copying it every time? There's no "templates" system?

Keyword Editor doesn't autopopulate when moving to a different project does it? 23 May 2022 19:57 #120720

Yeah, I keep my keyword shortcuts pretty generic. I'd be more confused if they changed between libraries.

For the template thing, it's as you describe - make one you like and duplicate/rename as needed.

There's another option from ArcticWhiteness.com called Final Cut Library Manager. Great little app - it'll do templates, though I've not actually used that particular feature.

Last edit: by dmetz.
  • Page: