• Page:

TOPIC: fcpxml of clips with 8ch audio

fcpxml of clips with 8ch audio 11 Sep 2020 18:07 #109980

• helge.tjelta
  • helge.tjelta's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, I'm having really big problems with fcpxml from fcpx. This is a new problem in 10.4.9.

Workflow; edit as usual, turn on and off audio channels in clip. i.e. only ch 2 are on in a clip with 8 ch.
When doing an export of xml, and taking this via X2pro and into Nuendo, I just get a bunch for items with no waveform, only silence or link to the other channels that do not contain sound, or the on that has camera sound... but not my lavier mic track witch is channel 2.

But if I leave all of them on. Then I get all I want, and have to do the cleanup job there..

If the editor had done the cleanup before starting to edit. i.e. open clip, remove tracks not being used, and then start editing. then it will work..

So the common thing here is fcpx 10.4.9 and not using all tracks available, and leaving 1ch off, and some other on...
Both fcpxml 1.8 and 1.9, mojave and Catalina.

A lot of extra work here now... Darn.

Anyone else ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

fcpxml of clips with 8ch audio 12 Sep 2020 15:16 #109985

• Buhardilla
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

helge.tjelta wrote: Hi, I'm having really big problems with fcpxml from fcpx. This is a new problem in 10.4.9.

Workflow; edit as usual, turn on and off audio channels in clip. i.e. only ch 2 are on in a clip with 8 ch.
When doing an export of xml, and taking this via X2pro and into Nuendo,
Both fcpxml 1.8 and 1.9, mojave and Catalina.

A lot of extra work here now... Darn.

Anyone else ?

I haven't never used X2Pro (obviously NO experience ) but I'm Nuendo user since version 2 . In the past, importing audio from FCP pre-10 versions to Nuendo was flawless. But things have changed with FCPX and actual Nuendo versions. Be careful with X2Pro because there are a lots of negative experiences between X2Pro and Nuendo in Steinberg user forums (don't forget that this app is mainly optimised for Protools). I chose to export FCPX projects as QuickTIme video together audio multitrack. In Nuendo you have the options of importing Video either Audio from Video. In both, Nuendo will import the audio tracks as like you set them in the tab of window FCPX share. Create a Nuendo project with frame rate and TC as same in FCPX and insert the tracks. Use the Silence detection feature and Nuendo will erase empty areas. As usually I'd recommend export a 2POP start/finish and TC burned
I enclose a display capture example
Best
Jose
Attachments:

fcpxml of clips with 8ch audio 12 Sep 2020 21:00 #109997

• helge.tjelta
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
HI Buhardilla, thanks for the reponse.

I have used X2pro with FCPX for as long as it has been available.. And has never served me wrong. It has, up until 10.4.9 worked perfectly. And X2Pro is made for AAF and not ProTools is not the only one using AAF :)

Nuendo has had a pretty good AAF importing, for a long time now. I've been on Nuendo since v2 my selves.

And, using the FCPXML file, I have access to all items as separate clips, with heads and tails. Or if not using trimming I have the whole files... and that helps me alot... so not having this workflow, is really a pain now.

fcpxml of clips with 8ch audio 12 Sep 2020 22:49 #109999

• cofe
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
You might have done this already but I saw there was an update to X2pro to accomodate for the new XML 1.9 format in fcp 10.4.9? Maybe that could fix your problem (haven’t used x2pro since the 10.4.9 update)

fcpxml of clips with 8ch audio 13 Sep 2020 08:12 #110001

• helge.tjelta
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all, I have updated, no difference. Also this is not a x2pro problem, it seems.

When doing a import of xml into resolve it is also broken.

If importing a xml that has items with channels muted, I get noise on tracks as well, nothing usable.

So resolve has problems as well... So right now, using fcpxml with audio and some muted channels , is a NO-GO for me.

any one else confirm?

fcpxml of clips with 8ch audio 13 Sep 2020 19:26 #110007

• helge.tjelta
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hm, looks like Vordio can do the fcpxml to AES with the right result...

so maybe it is not FCPX after all, maybe resolve and X2Pro needs to fix things ?

Workflow with 3rd party apps, is really a nightmare when having problems, not ?

• Page: