fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New to FCP need some direction for a project I'm working on

New to FCP need some direction for a project I'm working on 25 Feb 2020 00:14 #104897

• Iceman203
  • Iceman203's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey guys I need to make a video where I want basically to still photos one of a pair of glasses and one of a word. Without the glasses the word is blurry and unreadable, when the glasses get raised the word comes into focus. What would be my best avenue to achieve this? I have Motion as well. Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New to FCP need some direction for a project I'm working on 25 Feb 2020 10:05 #104909

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 473
I'd probably do this in Motion. I'd have two copies of the word, one clear, one blurry. I'd have the glasses masked so you only see the clear copy through its lenses. This is an interesting concept. I may have to play around with it myself. Do you have the photos you want to use already? Would you be willing to share them?

New to FCP need some direction for a project I'm working on 27 Feb 2020 19:41 #104999

• Iceman203
  • Iceman203's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I don't have the pics yet but when I get them I will post them. Basically I just want to have a word that is blurry but with POV perspective and when the person raises the eye glasses I want the words to come into focus. I'll try and get those asap. Thanks so much.

New to FCP need some direction for a project I'm working on 28 Feb 2020 05:49 #105006

• VTCmedia
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
I'd key frame a Gaussian blur / shape mask combo effect in FCP.

New to FCP need some direction for a project I'm working on 28 Feb 2020 15:01 #105016

• JarrodMFay
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 30
I would definitely do this in Motion for ease of masking/keyframing. Also, you might consider a small amount of lens distortion as well. Keyframe it to the clear image under the lenses to give a bit of the "magnifying" look to them.

• Page: