• Page:

TOPIC: Why can´t I update from FCPX 10.2.3

Why can´t I update from FCPX 10.2.3 11 Dec 2018 19:36 #98122

• Hastings
  • Hastings's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
The library "xxxx" is damaged and cannot be updated.

Hello,

This is my first topic on this forum, and I hope I also can help people in the future.
I have already look for answer on the internet and it seems no one have a good answer on my problem.
This one is a tricky one...

The story is: I had a old macbook pro 2.6Mhz (2015) and FCPX 10.2.3. All my projects are saved on extern HDD drive. I know that the files is working. Now I have a new computer, a Macbook pro on mac os sierra 10.13.6. and FCPX 10.4.
And sold the old one... When I try to open the fcpbudle by dubble klick on my external drive, a get a message I must update. When I do update I get the message : The library "xxxx" is damaged and cannot be updated.
I so frustrated and need help to solved the problem. I have 2-3 hard drives that have the FCPX version 10.2.3 so I really want to solve my problem.

One solution is that I install a old Mac os and a old FCPX version (10.2.3) on my NEW Macbook Pro. But it seams a waste of my new computer and I want to use all the new things on the lates version of FCPX.
Please a need all the help I can get!

Solution:
Close the FCPX. Right klick on the fcpbundle and ”show content” of the xxxx.fcpbundle on the external drive.
Move the files settings.plist and current version.flexolibrary from the external drive to a safe place (destop). Do not delete the files for now.

Press command + option and open the FCPX.
Then delete preferences.
Then go filen open library and others. Find our fcpbundle.
Update! Finish!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Hastings.
  • Page: