fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Manual for FCP-X 10.3.4 plus an EQ problem.

Manual for FCP-X 10.3.4 plus an EQ problem. 23 Mar 2018 23:35 #94786

• Nemo
  • Nemo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Using FCP-X 10.3.4 on a 2017 iMac 27" plus adjacent monitor.

Question 1. Please recommend a third party manual for this version of FCP.

Question 2. I have not been able to find a solution in order to adjust the equalization on sound tracks. I see the icons, attempted to place one over a track and adjust but this did not solve my EQ problem.

Thank you for your assistance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Manual for FCP-X 10.3.4 plus an EQ problem. 25 Mar 2018 17:24 #94803

• dgwvideo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 242
You'll probably have to google around to see if a manual for V10.3.4 still exists somewhere as most online publications will have been updated to the latest V10.4.

As far as EQ goes, there are a couple options: If you click the audio track in the inspector you will see an equalization section and also the icon for an EQ. Here you can adjust the EQ using an 8 band or 31 band equalizer, or you can choose from a variety of presets. The other way to do this would be to drag an EQ effect onto your clip, then select the audio tab in the inspector for that clip, select the effect to open it's adjustable parameters. Is this what you are doing and it's not working? If so, there may be another issue.
I believe this worked the same in V10.3.4 as it does in 10.4.
Creating history....one edit at a time !

Manual for FCP-X 10.3.4 plus an EQ problem. 25 Mar 2018 23:26 #94805

• Nemo
  • Nemo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you for your detailed reply to both of my questions. I will indeed search the web for the latest FCP-X manual. I also was not aware that there was another upgrade to FCP-X, this being 10.4.I will upgrade as well.

This forum is indeed the best and I greatly appreciate the thoughtful responses that I have received now as well as in the past.

All the best.

• Page: