fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: kenburns followed by freeze frame of last frame creates jumping.

kenburns followed by freeze frame of last frame creates jumping. 21 Dec 2017 01:47 #92610

• jitterbug
  • jitterbug's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I`m finding a glitch where when I create a ken burns zoom in on a photo, then select the last frame in that sequence (to use as the freeze frame, when I play back and render output the result as HD720 to vimeo (even just playing back in fcpx) I get a small jump or shift up in the freeze frame as it pops onto the screen and settles back into its position, about .2 of a second, is this a bug?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by jitterbug. Reason: no photo attached

kenburns followed by freeze frame of last frame creates jumping. 21 Dec 2017 01:54 #92611

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 496
Are you manually keyframing or using the Ken Burns effect that's built-in? for what you're doing, because you're following it with a freeze frame, I'd manually keyframe it.

kenburns followed by freeze frame of last frame creates jumping. 21 Dec 2017 02:40 #92613

• jitterbug
  • jitterbug's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
ok i`ll give it a try, when I watched youtube they were showing that the kenburns algorithm does a smoother pan/zoom than the transform function in fcpx. (apparently) been too busy to test it myself I know it would only take a couple of minutes just one of those things.

and this video showed me how to create a freezeframe to create a pause then continue the kenburns across the same image 2 or 3 times.
[url=http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h3E5itmC7Q&lc=z22tefuosyenttiltacdp435mzqxrsoyoryeuskno1lw03c010c.1513780733189272]kenburns with pause[/url]

• Page: