fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
14 Nov 2020
Moving over to a new system, we couldn't take the old avatars - so please upload a new one!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Music Libraries

Music Libraries 02 May 2017 15:10 #87727

• Schwyhart
  • Schwyhart's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Anyone know of a good music library for purchase?
I checked BH and theirs seem to be out of date. I'm the way now is by purchasing individual tracks on Envato or similar. This however isn't the best for where I work. The purchasing department is super picky and I'm 99% sure they would not approve purchases from Envato or any other non-major online store.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Music Libraries 02 May 2017 15:16 #87730

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 536
We just keep up a subscription to AudioBlocks.
Rampant has a limited selection, but it's really good.

What styles are you looking for?

Music Libraries 02 May 2017 15:24 #87734

• Schwyhart
  • Schwyhart's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Mainly corporate...

It'd be best if I could just buy bundle of CDs. I know that's old school, but so is where I work.
It was a pain when with FCPX was only on the App Store. Took my company months to finally buy it. Thankfully, FCPX has had free updates this whole time, so we don't have to deal with purchasing.

Music Libraries 03 May 2017 09:25 #87762

• Schnurr
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
In case you publish via youtube you can include download music there too ... www.youtube.com/audiolibrary/music

Looking for a way to check in advance whether youtube would block specific music tracks from my iTunes Library instead of doing a trial and error (uploading to YT and then figuring out that's blocked)... suggestions welcome.

Music Libraries 03 May 2017 10:29 #87763

• DaveF
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
www.jewelbeat.com/ works for me, buy the whole library , individual CD's or just a track - take a look.

Last edit: by DaveF.

Music Libraries 03 May 2017 11:04 #87764

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 536
Yeah, I've had music from FCPX's own library blocked. I've even had my own original compositions blocked. WTF? My OWN composition is blocked? ugh...

Music Libraries 03 May 2017 14:17 #87766

• VidGreg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
YouTube has a way for checking music for copyright prior to uploading. (Since end of 2014)
Sign in, go to Create Suite(??) > Create Music > and then there is free music library and a search box that you can type in song title and artist to see what restriction may apply.

Lots of music is allowed, but may not be allowed for "Monetized" content. If this is the case,the copyright owner is then allowed to place an ad on your video. Want to bet that Google/YouTube doesn't contact owner and offer advertising?
Anyway, good place to start to check your music for copyright.

Copyrights are complicated as words, music, and performances may have individual copyrights and the requirement for creating a copyright and fair usage has changed over the years. Simply purchasing music does not give you the right to use that music without an contract with the copyright owner.

There are lots of sights for obtaining copyright free or creative commons free use of music.
As far as copyright / content strikes and the ability to appeal, this has gotten somewhat better and faster.
Lots of music/sounds was getting tagged due to algorithms used to match segments. It even was tagging Apple's own sound library as copyrighted. Apple's sounds are allowed in commercial music without royalties. Getting better, but major pain.

Hope this helps, Greg

• Page: