fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Using the proxy workflow with different disks and locations

Using the proxy workflow with different disks and locations 03 Jan 2017 17:01 #84522

• Wardos
  • Wardos's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi everyone! A very happy 2017!!

I recently edited a commercial that was shot on RED in R3D. I edited everything at home and made proxies with final cut.

Tomorrow we need to present it to the client and I now want to copy just the proxymedia to a disk and then relink everything in final cut.

Is this a viable workflow? any tricks or caveats I should be aware of?

Thanks

Ward

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Wardos.

Using the proxy workflow with different disks and locations 03 Jan 2017 17:38 #84524

• Wardos
  • Wardos's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Ok guys

I beat ya to it. Already found what I need to do.

So for everyone who is curious.

Make sure that you move the proxy files you created into the package contents of the library file.
I always use the proxy media mode to an external location and then fcpx creates symlinks in the library file.
If you use another disks with the same structure, final cut won't recognise the proxy files anymore. So the solution I now found is to move the proxy files from the external folder into the library file in the generated folder by fcpx.

Hope it's a bit clear.

Cheers

Ward

Using the proxy workflow with different disks and locations 03 Jan 2017 18:16 #84525

• Vandrei Jaques
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I´m really new in FCPX world, but did you tried to duplicate your events and projects to another drive inside FCPX?

• Page: