fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: FCPX Library - Move Original Media Out of Library File?

FCPX Library - Move Original Media Out of Library File? 22 Nov 2016 16:53 #83104

• richcamp
  • richcamp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I created a library, imported all the media had it copied to the library file. Now I wish I hadn't copied it to the library, and left it outside of the project. I want to use the project file with proxies to edit straight off my system drive while on the go. Then hook up the external with the original media to online the project.

My question, what's the easiest way to move the original media to outside the library file? I know i can show file contents and move the original media in finder, but I don't want to have to go crazy with relinking and everything. Is there anyway to do this in FCPX menus? A way to create a new library, bring over just the proxies? Etc? Thanks!

Just wanted some insights! Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FCPX Library - Move Original Media Out of Library File? 22 Nov 2016 17:00 #83105

• Tom Wolsky
  • Thank you received: 742
It's not simple, but the first thing you have to do is get your original media out of the library. Select the library and in library properties set the media location to an external folder. Then run the consolidate function from the File menu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: