fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Possible to automate update of library to match older version of same library

Possible to automate update of library to match older version of same library 30 May 2016 15:03 #77256

• LukeHighLife
  • LukeHighLife's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

If i explain my workflow first:

All FCPX libraries are stored in a client folder on a Promise Pegasus RAID. I will set up new libraries on the RAID and organise all the assets, create keyword collections etc and add the rushes into a project.

I will duplicate the library onto a portable drive that will be handed off to a freelance editor, they will create new projects and import graphics, music etc thats relevant to the project and cut the footage to the client brief.

Often both myself and the freelancer will be working on different projects within the same library.

Once they have finished they'll hand back the drive and I'll copy all the updated projects, graphics etc from their library into the original library to update it.

My question is, is there any function within FCPX or 3rd party software that can automate this process for me by comparing the 2 libraries and updating the older one as appropriate.
I have Final Cut Library Manager but am not aware of any capability to do what i need with this software.
I could maybe do this with Carbon Copy Cloner? Im currently away from the studio but will check this out.

We're looking at upgrading to a Network solution in the future but if poss this would make a good stopgap.

Thanks

Luke

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Possible to automate update of library to match older version of same library 31 May 2016 04:25 #77266

• Karsten Schlüter
  • Thank you received: 661
... have you read this article:

www.fcp.co/final-cut-pro/articles/1806-f...lti-user-environment

And Welcome, Luke, to fcp.co :)

Possible to automate update of library to match older version of same library 31 May 2016 07:06 #77268

• FvH
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
I use Synkron for this kind of work: synkron.sourceforge.net/
Quite easy and reliable app – and it's free, I think.

Possible to automate update of library to match older version of same library 31 May 2016 18:43 #77295

• LukeHighLife
  • LukeHighLife's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Excellent,
Kartsen's link will be useful for once we are networked,
Synkron looks very handy for updating our libraries while we're still running independent mac's, downloaded this afternoon and found a tip on google for how to automate the task I needed,
Thanks guys, much appreciated

• Page: