fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Import file problem - no relink - files missing but showing?

Import file problem - no relink - files missing but showing? 15 May 2016 11:57 #76719

• deemonblack
  • deemonblack's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Guys , I have had this problem before.

First of all working on a 5k imac 4ghz i7 and 24 gb of Ram.
Fcpx version 10.2.3

When I import for instance GoPro files from a 2 tb external Hard Drive the file says copying to Library.
I leave it to complete this - and I spent yesterday importing 3 days worth of conference wides (yawn).
I quit FCPX and open the next morning and I spot hazard signs on projects and events.
Its says some of the files are missing (just some?) but I can see them and I can watch them but in the info for each clip there is red triangle by original and by proxy. I can even edit with them.
But I can not relink them and here's the killer If I did edit with them and try and share the project I can't because these files don't exist. I have no idea and this has happened before with FS7 rushes where half of them did this???

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Import file problem - no relink - files missing but showing? 16 May 2016 01:14 #76738

• Russ Haskell
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
For whatever reason it seems that the import wasn't completed. I'm not sure what you mean by not being able to relink. Assuming that the original media is still available as an intact folder structure on your Mac or camera, select an event and from the File menu choose Import > Reimport from Camera/Archive.

Russ

Import file problem - no relink - files missing but showing? 17 May 2016 08:53 #76827

• deemonblack
  • deemonblack's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks Russ - What I mean by relinking is that the files are viewable in the event. You can watch them, you can mark in or out and you can edit them onto to your project. But the killer is if you look at info it tells you the file is not there ie a red triangle by original and by proxy. So I tried to relink the media and it shows nothing. I also tried to reimport the file into the event by trashing the the first one. It appears straight away and has the red triangles. I managed to import the files in a new library 1 at a time! But I have 3 days of GoPro wides, so thats not really helping me! It seems the problem is multiple files in a folder being imported. ?????

Cheers Damo

• Page: