TOPIC: Broadcast safe filter÷

Broadcast safe filter÷ 02 Aug 2015 02:06 #67079

• VidGreg
  • VidGreg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 195
jkten
With FCP10.1.4 if you don't apply the BSF as the VERY last thing you do, then any adjustments to color may cause unsafe levels. Readjusting any color to any clip after the fact may cause unsafe levels.
Could this be the issue??
Does unsafe level happen throughout vid or only in certain clips?
10.2.1 allows you to reorganize the order of color corrections. Nice feature :) Maybe time to update!

Applying as a "Adjustment Layer" to the whole timeline should eliminate the problem.
In what order did you apply the adjustment layer?
What is the delivery medium?
Are you experiencing artifacts?

Hope this helps, Greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Broadcast safe filter÷ 02 Aug 2015 05:30 #67082

• jkten
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanx Greg, BSF is of course the last last filter i apply after having corrected my clips to look nice and also be within the broadcast limits. I only leave some minor peaks for the BSF.. when i apply it everything is legal, but after rendering there are peaks exceeding the limits again but they look a bit different than before.. strange...

cant see how reorganising the order of the color correctors will help in this case

one more thing i noticed is that the sharpener i apply to fix my cameras soft video also acts as a BSF limiting everything to the safe broadcast limits.. after rendering the clip though its not legal anymore..

Broadcast safe filter÷ 03 Aug 2015 14:32 #67117

• dgwvideo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 248
The correct layering of filters can definitely make a difference, but obviously this is not solving your problem. Try deleting all the render files by selecting "delete generated library files" and choosing ALL for render files. As an extra precaution, close FCPX and reboot your Mac. It sounds possible that there is a corrupt render file preventing your effects and color corrections from working properly during an export.
Creating history....one edit at a time !

• Page: