fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 10.2.2 Prerelease discussion

10.2.2 Prerelease discussion 21 Jun 2015 17:51 #65748

• sperezrleon
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • No hay mucho que decir... ni siquiera tengo cita favorita :)
  • Thank you received: 1
Yes to all, specially 2up display when trimming with keyboard!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10.2.2 Prerelease discussion 24 Jun 2015 11:41 #65831

• Jonathan Levin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
The ability to change the default Spatiial Conform to Fill. It would make working with lots of photos easier.

10.2.2 Prerelease discussion 09 Jul 2015 16:06 #66317

• Arsecati
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I'd be happy if it just stopped crashing - major step back with last update.

As mentioned above (and countless times before!) - Remove Attributes option.

Also, increase back the size of the text box: another step back where you barely have 2 lines in the window to look at now. And editing direct in the viewer is not an option when trying to write scrolling text (for end credits for example).

So, so close! :unsure:

10.2.2 Prerelease discussion 09 Jul 2015 16:14 #66318

• Jonathan Levin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

[Also, increase back the size of the text box: another step back where you barely have 2 lines in the window to look at now./quote]

+1 for that!!!

10.2.2 Prerelease discussion 09 Jul 2015 17:34 #66322

• simonpwood
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 42
I'm a bit weary of the fact that so many 3rd party plug-ins are threatened every time an upgrade happens.

Guess thats par for the course?

Still I can't complain; its rare that a program evolves so much I guess. I mean I bought my copy of FCPX back when it was released in 2011. Its hardly the same piece of software today. When is Apple going to actually charge us again? I feel guilty; like I'm a welfare leech or something. :blink:

Last edit: by simonpwood.

10.2.2 Prerelease discussion 09 Jul 2015 19:46 #66329

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1279
Upgrades cause similar 3rd party issues in other NLEs, also. It's not just FCPX. Happens for all applications that have a strong reliance on 3rd party add-ons. RapidWeaver, the really awesome web site building app, has upgrade issues with its very healthy stable of 3rd party plugins having to catch up to the new core coding. That's just life...

10.2.2 Prerelease discussion 10 Jul 2015 17:06 #66377

• plysat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67

Jonathan Levin wrote: Also, increase back the size of the text box: another step back where you barely have 2 lines in the window to look at now.

+1 for that!!!

I do like that it takes up less space, I think an option to resize it, like you can with text boxes in the OS would be great. What would also be nice is if you could click a button or something to expand the inspector vertically to full screen height. It could just push the timeline over like opening the effects browser does. Though that probably would get odd if you then try to open the effects browser... Nothing is simple. lol
Can't sleep? Try this: fcpxpert.net ;-)

Last edit: by plysat.

10.2.2 Prerelease discussion 10 Jul 2015 17:19 #66378

• Squamish ed
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
[/quote]

I do like that it takes up less space, I think an option to resize it, [/quote]

Another +1!
Ed

10.2.2 Prerelease discussion 10 Jul 2015 18:11 #66381

• haysoos123
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 70
My two things that they REALLY REALLY need to give us has not changed:

1) Performance improvement for long, complicated timelines. I'm talking snappiness. Yes, this HAS improved somewhat over the different versions, but I don't think it's really there yet. I think this is really critical because it can have a real impact on how the program gets adopted for long-form work. Right now, it "works," but it does hinder productivity. It's a big problem, let's not deny it.

2) Color/vertical/bus audio organization. Like EVERYONE wants, pretty much. Without this, highly complicated audio editing is much harder than it needs to be. The little bits of audio get all over the place, and I end up putting vertical separators that are not designed to do that. Again, you can do it, but is it ideal? Not at all.

10.2.2 Prerelease discussion 10 Jul 2015 18:48 #66382

• Daniel Rutledge
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.
  • Thank you received: 9
CAPS LOCK!!!!!

ROUND TRIP TO MOTION! PLEASE!

BETTER AUDIO ORGANIZING!

Export OMF or AAF without a plugin. (caps lock off because I'm not so annoyed about this)

Better color tools built in. I love Color Finale, but it honestly shouldn't need to exist.

Also, the 3D text is cool, and I can see bright things in the future, but I would much prefer something more functional like morph cut (that I would use every day).

10.2.2 Prerelease discussion 11 Jul 2015 11:29 #66392

• Andreas Kiel
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 175
Beside some other things already mentioned I would love to have better Proxy handling.

Here why:
VFX or similar clips which contain an alpha channel will loose the alpha and are totally useless when working with proxies. So a proxy workflow for the whole project is not possible.
With stills there can be a problem as well - in case they are huge. In any case stills aren't covered by proxy workflows.

So all together makes a offline/proxy only won't work at all.

Just a thought.
- Andreas

10.2.2 Prerelease discussion 11 Jul 2015 15:10 #66394

• Seamusvfx
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
1 up for Color/vertical/bus audio organization. Not exactly a new request but audio editing is still a massive clot in the FCP pipeline

10.2.2 Prerelease discussion 13 Jul 2015 08:28 #66429

• ievgeniilarin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Replace the selected clip in the Timeline, leaving all effects, with the Browser selection.

10.2.2 Prerelease discussion 13 Jul 2015 13:48 #66432

• FvH
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Well, I have only a few wishes regarding an update. The reason is that I am quite happy with the software after editing more than 1000 corporate, music, and art videos with FCPX. Nevertheless, here are my points:

1) Colored roles

2) Primary storyline clip glueing (keeping clips together without generating compounds clips)

3) Repairing bugs. Example: You have a text (word) in black over a white generator. When you click and alt/drag both items as a copy to another location, they will display in reverse order, i.e., the text under the generator. I do not see why it needs to do this.

4) As for the Motion roundtrip, I have to admit that I am quite comfortable with the situation as is. Let me explain this minority opinion. Usually, I make an animation in Motion, export a ProRes 4444 file, import it into FCPX and I'm done. Want to change something? Then I just open the Motion project, make the change, and export a new ProRes 4444 file with the same name replacing the previous file. It will instantly be updated in FCPX. This is just two clicks more than with roundtripping, and the advantage: I am dealing with simple assets, and I do not require a second piece of software to function on my machine. Remember what happened to the Motion projects when converting legacy projects to FCPX via 7toX? They arrived black.

5) I would like to see (or better: hear) enhanced audio processing, especially bus-organized routing by roles. Yes, I could do this by going via LPX, but it would just be comfortable to stay in FCPX for this.

These are my major points. Happy editing!

Resizable text box

10.2.2 Prerelease discussion 13 Jul 2015 15:16 #66437

• paurray
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Absence of Quality is the essence of squareness.
  • Thank you received: 15
Hi FvH

With respect to your point 5:

bus-organized routing by roles. Yes, I could do this by going via LPX, but it would just be comfortable to stay in FCPX for this.

Could you expand on this what you are doing here?

I recently had to export different audio channels to different roles for broadcast.
The only way I found of doing this was by adding a role XYZ to the clips one by one that had already been added into the magnetic timeline in the inspector and then exporting with multi tracks in the share menu. Which kind of seems silly if you ask me?

best

Paul

Last edit: by paurray. Reason: typo

10.2.2 Prerelease discussion 13 Jul 2015 15:50 #66438

• plysat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67

paurray wrote: Hi FvH

With respect to your point 5:

bus-organized routing by roles. Yes, I could do this by going via LPX, but it would just be comfortable to stay in FCPX for this.

Could you expand on this what you are doing here?

I recently had to export different audio channels to different roles for broadcast.
The only way I found of doing this was by adding a role XYZ to the clips one by one that had already been added into the magnetic timeline in the inspector and then exporting with multi tracks in the share menu. Which kind of seems silly if you ask me?

best

Paul

Add your Roles in the Browser, before you start cutting. A few minutes spent in prep and then you're done. You may need to modify a couple Roles in the TL here and there, but if you set it all up before you start cutting you don't have to think about it again...
Can't sleep? Try this: fcpxpert.net ;-)

10.2.2 Prerelease discussion 13 Jul 2015 18:07 #66442

• Dave_EP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
Round trip to motion - PLEASE!!!!!! (yes I've requested several times).

Flatten Multicam !!!! C'mon even Adobe does this now! Some things like stabilise don't work on multicam

10.2.2 Prerelease discussion 14 Jul 2015 08:53 #66463

• paurray
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Absence of Quality is the essence of squareness.
  • Thank you received: 15
Hi plysat

Thanks for your response.
Seeing as how it is bad form on my part to crash this thread I posted this as a separate question here:

www.fcp.co/fcp-forum/4-final-cut-pro-x-f...cks-in-browser#66462

thanks

Paul

10.2.2 Prerelease discussion 17 Jul 2015 12:49 #66591

• simonpwood
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
This is a small bugbear of mine; probably there is some keyboard modifier to do this or something but I could never find it.

Ok, so my playhead is somewhere on the timeline. Then I go to a new clip in the timeline to add an effect. I skim over until I see a frame that I want and click the mouse. Then I move over to the effect, but no, the clip is selected but the playhead is still where it was on a different frame on the first clip. So I go back to the clip and click above the frame I wanted, go to add the effect, but no, now the clip has been deselected, so I go back and click the clip again. Etc.

It seems like I am always clicking 3 times before I can add an effect or something. Am I the only one? There has to be a better way that I missed out on...

Last edit: by simonpwood.

10.2.2 Prerelease discussion 17 Jul 2015 12:53 #66592

• simonpwood
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
In summary I guess what I am saying is this: is there a way to make the playhead stick to a frame when you click on a new clip?