I'm curious if there are more people that have problems with FCPX crashing since the 10.2.0 update. I'm running OSX 10.10.3 on my 3 machines: a 2009 Mac Pro (2x Quadcore, with an ATI 5770 and a Quadro 4000), a Hackintosh 4770K with a GTX760 and a 2012 MacBook Pro Retina. Until FCPX 10.2.0 everything was stable, but since the upgrade I have crashes when I'm using titles. Doesn't matter if these titles are FCPX default or custom made templates.
I experience crashes on pretty much all occasions and have tested those projects on all three of my machines with all machines crashing on the same thing. I even had one project where I had to remove the template from my templates folder before the project would open again so I could remove the titles from my project to continue (otherwise, instant crash after restart of FCPX).
I already submitted the problem to Apple, but like I said, I'm curious if I'm the only one. Because I don't see many posts of people complaining about this.
I'm also having crashes when using titles. But this has been since way before 10.2 for me. I recently did a clean up of my fonts and threw away all that reported issues. But the problems persist.
This is the only time FCPX crashes for me. The other day it took me over 15 minutes to add a super simple lower third because it kept crashing.
I've had some crashing issues with basic titles on a late 2012 iMac, but like Dmitri the problem has been around long before 10.2. Typically I just restart FCP and then it works fine. Hard to say exactly what triggers the problem, but I think using the mouse to reposition text in the viewer is often a culprit.
I can confirm the titles - especially many titles like subtitles are one of the major problems since the very beginning.
Poor performance, crashes, saving and export errors and errors interpreting non roman languages (especially right to left writing) are the most reported to me (about 150 or more). The reason I got so many mails is because of my X-Titles free versions which are obviously very popular.
I can't do anything there other than reporting some of those things reproducible here to Apple and recommend others to do as well.
One thing with 10.2 I meanwhile could track down to always reproducible is a "bad" XML export since some parameters are not exported correctly.
From my point of view memory handling for titles is not very good (finally poor).