• Page:

TOPIC: The future for fcp.co and FCPX

The future for fcp.co and FCPX 25 Apr 2020 10:11 #106533

• AppleGuru
  • AppleGuru's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I really enjoy the case studies and reports on FCPX that are being posted.
But I have a feeling fcp.co is trying hard to replace Apples marketing. But some are somewhat repetitive and workflow well everybody has there own.

Getting bathe same question and when looking on the net for high quality resources, I finally realize what is missing.

FCPX or Motion needs more accessible resources like you find with Adobe products.
For example why is After Effects so popular well you find quality tutorials and resources.
Where is the VideoCopilot for Motion, awesome tutorials that sale there plugins and stock.
Imagine motionVFX did the same! What a boost that would be for the Apple Motion community.

The same with FCPX most tutorials use Premiere! Remembering the days before FCPX you would only see FCP legacy in the tutorials.

Speaking for the general crowd why doesn’t fcp.co offer a influencer or ambassador for the Apple tools like Adobe has?

I think this way everybody would have a big benefit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The future for fcp.co and FCPX 25 Apr 2020 12:28 #106536

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 486
The Final Cut ecosystem, many claim, is actually larger than Premiere Pro's. Ripple Trianing, macProVideo and many others.

How do you know most FCPX tutorials are done in Premiere Pro? Most are actually done in Telestream's ScreenFlow app. You have bad information here.

You site VideoCoPilot which focuses on 3D work. We have mO2 for Motion from MotionVFX that I'd put up against anything AE can do with 3D and a third-party plugin.

Apple does not do any marketing for their pro apps, and we all complain about that. But Final Cut Pro X has sold at least as many licenses, some argue more, than Premiere Pro.

We have every resource Adobe products have, just not from the same third-party companies. FCP.co is not the only Apple pro app discussion board. And what would an "ambassador" do exactly? Who is Adobe's ambassador?

Honestly, there's a lot of misguided information in your post, I'm sorry to say.

The future for fcp.co and FCPX 25 Apr 2020 13:03 #106543

• joema
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 322

AppleGuru wrote: ....I have a feeling fcp.co is trying hard to replace Apples marketing....why doesn’t fcp.co offer a influencer or ambassador for the Apple tools like Adobe has?.

These two statements seem to be in conflict. Can you help us understand what you mean?

The future for fcp.co and FCPX 28 Apr 2020 08:33 #106636

• AppleGuru
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

FCPX.guru wrote: The Final Cut ecosystem, many claim, is actually larger than Premiere Pro's. Ripple Trianing, macProVideo and many others.

How do you know most FCPX tutorials are done in Premiere Pro? Most are actually done in Telestream's ScreenFlow app. You have bad information here.

You site VideoCoPilot which focuses on 3D work. We have mO2 for Motion from MotionVFX that I'd put up against anything AE can do with 3D and a third-party plugin.

Apple does not do any marketing for their pro apps, and we all complain about that. But Final Cut Pro X has sold at least as many licenses, some argue more, than Premiere Pro.

We have every resource Adobe products have, just not from the same third-party companies. FCP.co is not the only Apple pro app discussion board. And what would an "ambassador" do exactly? Who is Adobe's ambassador?

Honestly, there's a lot of misguided information in your post, I'm sorry to say.

You misunderstood what I was suggesting and describing, could be cause you are not as much aware or deep in the subject matter. For example VideoCopilot actually focuses mainly on After Effects which also being used as ambassador function. This helps future developments for Adobe in After Effects for example.
MotionVFX is more stock provider for templates. Yes you are right about RippleTraining which is a good resource to learn the application. But there is still not even close the amount of resources for how to use the tools in specific cases.

joema wrote:

AppleGuru wrote: ....I have a feeling fcp.co is trying hard to replace Apples marketing....why doesn’t fcp.co offer a influencer or ambassador for the Apple tools like Adobe has?.

These two statements seem to be in conflict. Can you help us understand what you mean?

Not really what I mean in marketing are the case studies and sometime reports. It seems fcp.co is trying to show the world, yes FCPX is being used. But there is no real ambassador or in new internet language an influencer. Someone that drives the training, how to or tutorials (what ever you want to call it) with the Apple Tools. As are Andrew Cramer or Nick Campbell are doing. Where is the Andrew Cramer for Apple Motion???

The future for fcp.co and FCPX 28 Apr 2020 14:09 #106643

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
Well, Ripple and MotionVFX do in fact fill those roles. Could Apple do more marketing? Yes. But you're really putting a subjective slant on this that I feel does not support the facts.

The future for fcp.co and FCPX 04 May 2020 09:45 #106835

• Scrubelicious
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 110
I actually understand what AppleGuru is saying, this is something I have heard from students and users that I have interacted with.

Regarding to the comments to Ripple Training and MotionVFX.
Yes Ripple Training offers really good quality of training how learn the Software, also they have some small Tutorials which are very helpful. Which is good starting point for new users. But going into the heavy Motion Graphics or Visual Effects terrain there is a major lacking of Tutorials or Influencers on the net.
This could be; nobody has taking the challenge or the Apps are not as present then for example After Effects. :dry:

For MotionVFX, they produce some really cool "heavy Motion Graphics" templates, I can imagine they are more interested selling the templates than offering the training how to make the animation in Apple Motion.
Now if they offer this knowledge to the public... would Apple Motion have much higher status. Definitely yes!

The future for fcp.co and FCPX 04 May 2020 13:42 #106843

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
MotionVFX is actually teaching how to make high-quality templates.
And at the upcoming Post-Production World Online conference, Apple has fully sponsored the track that showcases the pro apps so all of those sessions are free.
And I suspect we'll get an FCPX 10.5 announcement at that conference, just a guess.
https://www.fcp.co/forum/4-final-cut-pro-x-fcpx/32816-two-days-free-pro-app-training

The future for fcp.co and FCPX 04 May 2020 18:50 #106863

• AppleGuru
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Scrubelicious wrote: I actually understand what AppleGuru is saying, this is something I have heard from students and users that I have interacted with.

Regarding to the comments to Ripple Training and MotionVFX.
Yes Ripple Training offers really good quality of training how learn the Software, also they have some small Tutorials which are very helpful. Which is good starting point for new users. But going into the heavy Motion Graphics or Visual Effects terrain there is a major lacking of Tutorials or Influencers on the net.
This could be; nobody has taking the challenge or the Apps are not as present then for example After Effects. :dry:

For MotionVFX, they produce some really cool "heavy Motion Graphics" templates, I can imagine they are more interested selling the templates than offering the training how to make the animation in Apple Motion.
Now if they offer this knowledge to the public... would Apple Motion have much higher status. Definitely yes!

Thank you, someone gets the idea!

FCPX.guru wrote: MotionVFX is actually teaching how to make high-quality templates.
And at the upcoming Post-Production World Online conference, Apple has fully sponsored the track that showcases the pro apps so all of those sessions are free.
And I suspect we'll get an FCPX 10.5 announcement at that conference, just a guess.
https://www.fcp.co/forum/4-final-cut-pro-x-fcpx/32816-two-days-free-pro-app-training

Where are they teaching how to create effects or animation? I haven't found one tutorial on there site! And on their YouTube there are only tutorials how to use their plugins.
AGAIN, you don't understand the idea behind an influencer which is promote his work with the tools.

Find me at least five tutorials in the same quality as you can find on VideoCopilot site.

For example:;
Speed Particles
The Healer
Eye Replacement
Moving 3D Lines
Time Freeze

The future for fcp.co and FCPX 04 May 2020 23:31 #106869

• deweyt44
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Hello,

While I do agree Motion tutorials are definitely outnumbered by After Effect tutorials, they most certainly do exist.

Easily the most advanced Motion tutorials come from Simon Ubsdell. Just observe this playlists, which features over 100 tutorials of some very impressive work made in Motion.

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeZvvhzFi...bzZ5bhJ45QWzPHQ3Y5qy

Another good playlist source is by Simple Video Making, which demonstrates how to make simple, but well made designs in Motion.

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQp_-TWTe...kOXbjFJyGPhGHJnZCVwl

The future for fcp.co and FCPX 05 May 2020 15:05 #106915

• Buhardilla
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

AppleGuru wrote:

Scrubelicious wrote: I actually understand what AppleGuru is saying, this is something I have heard from students and users that I have interacted with.
Find me at least five tutorials in the same quality as you can find on VideoCopilot site.

For example:;
Speed Particles
The Healer
Eye Replacement
Moving 3D Lines
Time Freeze

Do you want high level Motion tutorials? OK, you could begin with Mr Simon Ubsdell tutorials
www.youtube.com/channel/UC7c46tWEb2grLQ95OGLxBJQ
There are 150 video tutes " for god level " in Motion, enjoy it!
Jose

The future for fcp.co and FCPX 12 May 2020 15:41 #107130

• AppleGuru
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I have also seen these Tutorials. but again not on the level as with the competition.

Again no body was able to find anything in the form I have posted.

• Page: