• Page:

TOPIC: Login problems

Login problems 21 Jul 2014 19:42 #50276

• Squamish ed
  • Squamish ed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Every time I visit this site I get prompted to log in even if I log in with "remember me". This has been happening consistently since the last site update.

Using Safari I just tried logging in, exiting Safari then coming back in and opening FCP.co. I was immediately prompted to log in again.

What's up with this? I reported this issue a month ago and since there's been no change and I'm wondering: Am I the only one having this problem?
Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Login problems 21 Jul 2014 21:25 #50277

• Nervebroke
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
No you are not alone.

Login problems 01 Oct 2014 09:41 #53471

• TrixTrax9000
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 142
Once upon a time I'd visit this site daily. One of my favorites. Would enjoy talking film or checking out the new templates the guys had developed. But now, with the site logging me out every few minutes, it's a giant time waster. Also, the new templates aren't highlighted as once they were, further compounding the hassle factor. In the middle of my busy day, I can't just surf by & see what's new without another exercise in futility. Can't afford the time or aggravation, so I just go elsewhere or to twitter

There are quite a few sites I'm a member of, all of them work seamlessly, except fcp.co

It's a shame because everything used to work perfectly here... what happened?

:(

Login problems 01 Oct 2014 12:43 #53477

• Seanus
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Sean Lander - Rednail Media
  • Thank you received: 76
Agree. I don't come here nearly as often either. Constantly having to re-login, the spam and general dwindling in participation has me getting most of my FCPX fix elsewhere.

Maybe Peter is just too busy? It happens.
Sean Lander - Editing since 1982 - AVID 1991 - FCP 1999 - FCPX 2011

Login problems 28 Oct 2014 20:04 #55030

• TrixTrax9000
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 142
It's still logging me out, but I've found a tolerable workaround of sorts.

The latest incarnation of Opera browser (25.0) auto fills the username & password fields for me once I set it. Sure I know other browsers do this, but what they don't do is give me the precision cookie control over the exceptions I allow. Did you know the latest version of Safari STILL can't block cookies? Maybe that's not a concern for you, but some of us who don't work for the NSA enjoy a bit more control over our passage thru webspace.

Anyhoo.. my arrival at FCP.co is ever so slightly facilitated a smidge more gracefully, with Opera (free). So maybe I'll visit here more often now.

(but it would be nice if the site were fixed)

;)

• Page: