Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Editing for Music Videos

Editing for Music Videos 05 Nov 2013 23:20 #33735

• TrixTrax9000
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 142
Join me in this celebration of creative genius. Sure the songs are "covered" artists, but the mashup has recruited as its video canvas, a melange of flotsam & jetsam to concoct a pastiche of witty brilliance. The junk we sensible folk throw away is showcased here with a playful creativeness that is so enjoyable, I couldn't stop smiling while watching, often bursting out with exuberant laughter.

Love it!

Quite reminiscent of the 80's Swiss electronic group Yello , who continually stretched analog technology in the most inventive ramshackle ways, resulting in outstanding originality. As we see here...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Editing for Music Videos 06 Nov 2013 07:48 #33740

• paurray
  • paurray's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Absence of Quality is the essence of squareness.
  • Thank you received: 15
Yellow are for me nothing short of, GOD. Their music is somehow very filmic. I have 7 of their Albums, great as layout Music for an Edit by the way…but I digress. Love the video. It is a beautiful example of a case where the idea counts. Also think that the cover is pretty good. I wonder how long it will take for some people with a real budget to make a slick fancy version etc.

Here is another remarkable cover and the video is pretty amazing.

And whilst the video is nothing ground breaking it is one of the most off the wall covers that I know! So I thought that I would throw it in here.

And whilst the video is nothing ground breaking it is one of the most off the wall covers that I know! So I thought that I would throw it in here.

The simplicity of it all :-)

Editing for Music Videos 06 Nov 2013 12:28 #33751

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1279
About the most innovative Projection Mapping work I've ever seen. Amazing video!

Editing for Music Videos 06 Nov 2013 13:25 #33759

• paurray
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Maybe not everybody's cup of tea. But a pretty clear concept and love the way things break down with no camera etc. Efx are also cool.

Editing for Music Videos 09 Nov 2013 15:20 #33898

• TrixTrax9000
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
The Tesla Edison one is very clever, mainly because of the writing & timing, though the lightning effects are believable. But the amount of historical facts woven in to the catchy rhyme is what made me think of a guy I saw years ago on Dragon's Den, he was a teacher who taught Shakespeare with catchy rhyming songs & a guitar. Teen interest levels rose as well as test scores. Big corporations got onboard with big money backing

The team that make these rap battle vids are obviously very talented, & I expect they make quite a living off youtube.

Editing for Music Videos 21 Nov 2013 23:40 #34524

• paurray
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
A rap video without a single rapper!?!?! Nice story. Beautiful pictures. Clear concept and some of the best editing I have ever seen. PERIOD. Wow.

To see the man behind the images/music watch this:

To see the man behind the images/music watch this:

Also from the same stable:

Last edit: by paurray.

Editing for Music Videos 22 Nov 2013 19:11 #34548

• Jafo05
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
That archived image video is amazing. My mind has officially been blown.

I just don't have the patience for stop motion, but I highly commend those that implement it well. To me, this music video is the epitome of stop motion, and more specifically claymation:

I've done quite a few music videos for these guys out of Denmark. For the past few years they have flown down and my production company created very budget friendly music videos for them. This music video I produced, directed, shot, drove 12 hours to LA, and edited. As a filmmaker, I definitely prefer a story driven video, but unfortunately most artists I have encountered prefer the final product to be performance based.

I've done quite a few music videos for these guys out of Denmark. For the past few years they have flown down and my production company created very budget friendly music videos for them. This music video I produced, directed, shot, drove 12 hours to LA, and edited. As a filmmaker, I definitely prefer a story driven video, but unfortunately most artists I have encountered prefer the final product to be performance based.

And OP, you've got a fan of dubstep right here. Wicked mashup.

Editing for Music Videos 22 Nov 2013 19:27 #34549

• Jafo05
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
As for my ears being blown, LUSHLIFE does the trick. His flow is excellent and music videos are so original. I bet the editor of "Magnolia" was happy to not have to lip sync haha. I do wish the DoP would have taken more care to keep each image the same (not sure if that makes sense)

Editing for Music Videos 23 Nov 2013 08:51 #34558

• paurray
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
That sure is a mad video. There are so many layers in there. The nature stop motion, the fake nature stop motion, the clay models in nature, the clay models in a black room, the colors of the clay models, the textures of the stuff. Just bubbling over with creativity. It is easy to criticize this kind of stuff from the side line but if I had one criticism it would be less would be more. Really love the shots of the clay animation with the black background! There is a huge talent in there just waiting to crystalize :-) By the way it reminds me a little of the “The Notwist - Pick Up the Phone” at the beginning of this thread.

With respect to the second video. I am in Germany and have Proxy tube but it is still throwing an error and I can not watch it :-(

This one did the rounds about a year ago. I keep forgetting to post it but now! Simple, yet complex with a clear concept. Love it. Also a bin Bonobo fan.

youtu.be/

Editing for Music Videos 23 Nov 2013 18:26 #34569

• paurray
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Now this one is blowing my mind :woohoo:

trying to get my head around the real deal here!!!

24hoursofhappy.com/

Editing for Music Videos 24 Nov 2013 10:58 #34579

• TrixTrax9000
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
An interesting assortment of vids. Thanks guys.

In the first group, the Lushlife - Still I Hear The Word Progress, was very intriguing. Definitely a most unusual & highly entertaining skill-set. Magnolia certainly reaches a hipper demographic while amping up the coolness quotient for recycling cardboard boxes. Though not as engaging.

As I've said elsewhere, it all begins with the song. If the track's not killer, the whole project soon becomes instantly forgettable. Right now I'm getting 5 or 6 kids a week sending me music videos or audio links on Twitter, 80% are rappers, 99% are awful. Most stuff is just never going to sell, the act is going nowhere fast. Sorry.

That's precisely why the Pharrell Williams song stands out so dramatically, an exceptional quality vocal. Never heard the song before, but I'd venture less than 1 in a million singers can lay down a vocal like that. The video was ok too.

:)

Last edit: by TrixTrax9000 .

Editing for Music Videos 24 Nov 2013 12:50 #34582

• paurray
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
@ TrixTrax9000

Check out the link below the Pharrell Williams video. It brings you to a 24 hour interactive version of the video!!! never seen anything like it. For me it is nothing short of a new way to tell a story which is not something that happens everyday!!! :blink:

Editing for Music Videos 05 Jan 2014 18:36 #38197

• paurray
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Kicked 2014 off with this one. It rocked the house and nobody called the police :ohmy:

Also the making of is crazy!

Also the making of is crazy!

Editing for Music Videos 31 Oct 2014 00:16 #55251

• TrixTrax9000
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Not normally the style of music you'd mesh with high octane ski stunts, yet it fits perfectly. The colors & lights are breathtaking & beautifully graceful. I find this art genius on many levels. No wonder Vimeo have it as their Staff Pick.