We saw this yesterday and thought it was a bit cheeky. Then again they got booted off the Supermeet stage by Apple so this is a good return to Cupertino's serve.
Maybe Avid should just drop the price of Media Composer to be in line with FCP? We can remember having that conversation back a few years ago at an NAB over a few pints -what have they got to lose?
Anyway should you want to have MC on your Mac too, it looks like a good deal from Avid.
Check out this Avid special offer just for Final Cut Users
Many pros in the industry recognize that you can get more work having both Final Cut Pro and Media Composer in your editing arsenal. Not only does Media Composer complement your existing workflow, it opens doors and enables you to do even more—faster.
If you’re not getting what you need to succeed—or you’re a former Avid user who switched (we’d love to have you back)—we want to help make things a little easier. That’s why we’re offering Final Cut Pro users the opportunity to purchase the full, boxed version of Media Composer 5.5 (includes the Production Suite) for just $995 (USD) for a limited time—that’s over 60% off the regular price!
Check out these features:
- AMA Pro Res, QuickTime, RED, XDCAM, P2, work natively fast and immediate
- Integrated with AJA Io Express or Matrox MXO2 Mini
- Professional ACE-certified toolset
- Mix and match formats, frame rates, resolutions, and more—in real time, no rendering
- Edit quickly using drag and drop, or use advanced tools for ultra-precise cutting
- Get the look you want with built-in color, keying, motion tracking, transition, and effects tools
- Polish and deliver productions using high-quality third-party apps in the Production Suite
Need to know more! Visit the Media Composer 5.5 feature page.
Get it now
Find a Reseller—To receive your discounted price, present your original Final Cut Pro documentation (such as your install guide or manual) and your Final Cut Pro serial number for verification.
Expiration: Offer expires June 17, 2011.
UPDATE: Avid are also running an FAQ for the Media Composer for FCP Users Promotion