Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2018 Mac Mini and eGPUs

2018 Mac Mini and eGPUs 10 Nov 2018 16:20 #97641

• tpf1952
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Everything I have read about the new Mac Mini sounds like this is an ideal machine for FCPX with the exception of the internal graphics card. Is it safe to assume that at least the BlackMagic eGPUs circumvent this limitation? I'm considering the acquisition of the Mini, but need to know that it's capable.

Tom
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2018 Mac Mini and eGPUs 20 Dec 2018 21:23 #98243

• le realisateur
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I just bought the high End Mac mini with an external e-GPU from Razer with a Radeon Vega 64 GB. It is like having a baby Mac Pro. This combo is perfect with FCPX. Works like magic. I kept my dual 4k displays. and plugged all my thunderbolt 3 drives. ( upgraded from a hackintosh ).

No issues at all.
Here is a Geekbench result.

2018 Mac Mini and eGPUs 05 Jul 2019 08:48 #100375

• Stasinos
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
le realisateur wrote:
I just bought the high End Mac mini with an external e-GPU from Razer with a Radeon Vega 64 GB. It is like having a baby Mac Pro. This combo is perfect with FCPX. Works like magic. I kept my dual 4k displays. and plugged all my thunderbolt 3 drives. ( upgraded from a hackintosh ).

No issues at all.
Here is a Geekbench result.

Hi le lealisateur! I am considering the exact same setup (working on an iMac 5K late 2015 right now). After 5-6 months of use are you still happy with this combo? Is that EGPU solution reliable while working with FCPX?