Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: TKY FCPX "Camera" Effects - Super 8 Look, Tilt Shift PLUS Bokeh Lens Blur

TKY FCPX "Camera" Effects - Super 8 Look, Tilt Shift PLUS Bokeh Lens Blur 27 Jul 2011 22:35 #594

• Simon Ubsdell
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 380
DELETED
Last Edit: 27 Oct 2014 19:34 by Simon Ubsdell.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Free FCXP "Camera" Effects - Super 8 Look, Tilt Shift 29 Jul 2011 15:46 #633

• AndyG
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
This is fantastic, thanks so much for your hard work.

Re: Free FCXP "Camera" Effects - Super 8 Look, Tilt Shift 29 Jul 2011 19:40 #637

How do I install it please

TKY FCXP "Camera" Effects - Super 8 Look, Tilt Shift 29 Jul 2011 19:49 #638

• Simon Ubsdell
  • Platinum Boarder
Unzip the attachment and you will find two folders.

In the Finder navigate to your User/Movies/Motion Templates/Effects folder.

Copy the two folders into this folder - but preferably make a new folder inside there for them to live in called Camera Effects to keep things tidy. They will appear in FCPX either in the top Effects menu or in Camera Effects if you have made that folder at the Finder level.
Last Edit: 01 Aug 2011 15:01 by Simon Ubsdell.

Re: TKY FCXP "Camera" Effects - Super 8 Look, Tilt Shift 03 Aug 2011 19:35 #703

Simon Ubsdell wrote:

Attachment CameraEffects.zip not found

Two camera style effects:

- a Super 8 look with correct aspect ration frame and film damage, colour filters, etc.
- a tilt shift filter to simulate popular in-camera miniature photography effect

Hopefully there are enough controls on both to let you get the look you need without too much difficulty.

Please note that the tilt shift effect works best with images that have a great deal of depth with clear foreground, and background planes with the object of interest in between. Google tilt shift photography if you're not familiar with the technique - there are some truly amazing in-camera examples out there. Note that increasing the saturation of the image (with the supplied control) will add the the "model-like" feel of the shot.

Please let me know if you can suggest any improvements.

Thank you SO SO SO much for this, i've been looking for a tilt-shift filter for FCPX for a while! I'm new to FCP and was wondering though; when I apply the tilt-shift filter, it zooms in my video, cutting off much of the top, bottom and sides. Do you know why this is and can it be changed?

Regards

Re: TKY FCXP "Camera" Effects - Super 8 Look, Tilt Shift 03 Aug 2011 20:47 #705

• Simon Ubsdell
  • Platinum Boarder
What frame sieas are you working with? If you can let me know it should be an easy fix.

Re: TKY FCXP "Camera" Effects - Super 8 Look, Tilt Shift 03 Aug 2011 22:24 #706

Simon Ubsdell wrote:
What frame sieas are you working with? If you can let me know it should be an easy fix.

The vids are full hd 1920x1080 I believe.

Re: TKY FCXP "Camera" Effects - Super 8 Look, Tilt Shift 03 Aug 2011 23:24 #707

• Simon Ubsdell
  • Platinum Boarder
Here you go - yes, there was a mess-up in the original version, thanks for pointing it out.

File Attachment:

File Name: TKYTiltShiftEffect.zip
File Size: 310 KB

Hope that works OK for you now.
Last Edit: 03 Aug 2011 23:29 by Simon Ubsdell.

Re: TKY FCXP "Camera" Effects - Super 8 Look, Tilt Shift 04 Aug 2011 02:05 #710

Simon Ubsdell wrote:
Here you go - yes, there was a mess-up in the original version, thanks for pointing it out.

File Attachment:

File Name: TKYTiltShiftEffect.zip
File Size: 310 KB

Hope that works OK for you now.

Works perfect. Major props to you! Thanks.

Re: TKY FCXP "Camera" Effects - Super 8 Look, Tilt Shift UPDATED 05 Aug 2011 15:48 #727

• wanderer63
  • Junior Boarder
Thank you very much for the excellent effects, i haven't put them to use yet but after a short test they seem to be working fine.
Cheers
Paul

Re: TKY FCXP "Camera" Effects - Super 8 Look, Tilt Shift 06 Aug 2011 07:26 #736

How about, instead of having it as a rotation wheel and all, we can adjust the size, rotation, etc in the viewer (like a secondary color correction)?

Re: TKY FCXP "Camera" Effects - Super 8 Look, Tilt Shift UPDATED 06 Aug 2011 18:23 #737

• Simon Ubsdell
  • Platinum Boarder
Here you go, now updated (06/08/11) with onscreen control for slit position, rotation and scale.

File Attachment:

File Name: TiltShiftwithOSC.zip
File Size: 308 KB

Enjoy :)
Attachments:
Last Edit: 06 Aug 2011 18:55 by Simon Ubsdell.

Re: TKY FCXP "Camera" Effects - Super 8 Look, Tilt Shift UPDATED 06 Aug 2011 19:10 #739

Awesome job!! :D

Re: TKY FCXP "Camera" Effects - Super 8 Look, Tilt Shift PLUS Bokeh Lens Blur 11 Aug 2011 02:03 #765

• labalbi
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Gonna install it quickly ...
Any example you made ?

Re: TKY FCXP "Camera" Effects - Super 8 Look, Tilt Shift PLUS Bokeh Lens Blur 21 Aug 2011 18:14 #930

• goestas
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
:( For some reason, both the Super 8 and Bokeh filters all of a sudden just render a blue screen in FCP X. The Super 8 (hadn't downloaded the other ones then) and Tilt Shift were working fine about a week ago. Then both Super 8 & Tilt Shift went blue. Tilt Shift works again after I updated to the more recent post.

Nothing's changed, except that I installed FX Factory.

(Edit: I just noticed that as of having run a "quick fix" with Maintenance Utilities, all my plugins, native and 3rd party, are showing no previews when hovering over the icon, just a blue image as source. Unlike Super 8 & Bokeh, however, the effects still work when applied to the clip)

EDIT 2: After rebooting the machine, restarting FCP X and clicking a few places to "kick start" live previews, everything now works as normal, with the exception of Super 8 & Bokeh Lens Blur, thank g*d. But I would sure love to fix those two as well now!

Heeeeelp!
Last Edit: 21 Aug 2011 18:20 by goestas. Reason: update

Re: TKY FCXP "Camera" Effects - Super 8 Look, Tilt Shift PLUS Bokeh Lens Blur 21 Aug 2011 18:23 #931

• Simon Ubsdell
  • Platinum Boarder
Not sure what the answer is to this except that FX Factory may have changed your directory structure on installation. Try checking to see that these two plug-ins are still where they are meant to be and haven't been moved out of the User/Movies/Motion Templates/Effects folder.

Re: TKY FCXP "Camera" Effects - Super 8 Look, Tilt Shift PLUS Bokeh Lens Blur 21 Aug 2011 18:59 #932

• goestas
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
:woohoo:

It wasn't your .moef at all; mea culpa!

Somehow prefs got jumbled, even though it's a clean system with no prior FCP Studio versions.

Blue screen issue, Digital Rebellion was near-instantaneous in their response (kudos!) is a known issue, here's the fix, as cited from here:
9. Templates, generators and titles appearing blue
This can be caused by templates from previous versions of Motion residing in the ~/Library/Application Support/Motion folder. To get around this, move the templates from this folder. More info here.

Cheers, G.

Re: TKY FCXP "Camera" Effects - Super 8 Look, Tilt Shift PLUS Bokeh Lens Blur 21 Aug 2011 19:02 #933

• Simon Ubsdell
  • Platinum Boarder
Good tip, thanks. Digital Rebellion are the best!

Re: TKY FCXP "Camera" Effects - Super 8 Look, Tilt Shift PLUS Bokeh Lens Blur 24 Oct 2011 02:39 #1755

• jwoodjfa
  • Fresh Boarder
Love the Bokeh! Unfortunately it renders black. Am I missing something?

Re: TKY FCXP "Camera" Effects - Super 8 Look, Tilt Shift PLUS Bokeh Lens Blur 24 Oct 2011 03:15 #1756

• jwoodjfa
  • Fresh Boarder
--ok - i was trying it on the "Custom" text title and it was rendering black. it renders fine on a video clip.