Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Text or small images into larger image

Text or small images into larger image 21 Sep 2019 20:56 #101553

• hawkeye
  • Fresh Boarder
Forgive me if I don't put this across very well.

I'm looking at creating a video for a squad announcement for the rugby club I do video for. As the intro to the video I want to have either the players name or image displaying then zooming out and the text or image make up the club badge. After this will be the squad for the upcode game.

Does anyone know how easy it would be to create or any templates out there that do what I'm looking for?

Thanks for any help
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Text or small images into larger image 21 Sep 2019 21:53 #101556

• mgmartino
  • Expert Boarder
Make a title you want with the name. Then you can just drag png of the logo into the timeline. Then save them into a compound clip. Keyframe the Transform option of the compound clip to zoom in or out.

Then just copy compound clip and "special paste" ⇧ ⌘ V to a new one, so the keyframes copy onto each new compound clip containing the new name and team logo. Then they will all zoom in/out at the same speed that way

Text or small images into larger image 22 Sep 2019 14:33 #101576

• FCPX.guru
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 367
I'd build this in Motion and make it a Title template, which makes it available to any Library, any Event. Then you just drop it in the timeline and change the text.

As for templates, MotoinVFX has lots of nice sports themed stuff. We use their stuff in our work for local High School sports teams all the time. Some other stuff can be found in CoreMelt's VFXMarket.
coremelt.com/collections/vfx-market

Text or small images into larger image 22 Sep 2019 22:13 #101582

• hawkeye
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the response's. I've found a video on doing what ii'm wanting to in Photoshop -

Would it be best doing it this way or ia there a way to do this in Final Cut?

Text or small images into larger image 23 Sep 2019 00:21 #101584

• thinkfilm
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
FCPX.guru is pointing you in the right direction - the effect you want is something you'd want to create in Motion and publish as a template in FCPX. Fwiw, MotionVFX has a couple of templates that might get you started if you have some experience using Motion. See Template 1127 here: www.motionvfx.com/store,project_1127,p1999.html?q=1127
Last Edit: 23 Sep 2019 00:23 by thinkfilm.