fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Scrolling End Credits with Graphics Without Paying Extra

Scrolling End Credits with Graphics Without Paying Extra 30 Aug 2017 15:13 #90186

• simon.yates
  • simon.yates's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Overview

Wille explain how to create scrolling End Credits with static graphics. The graphics will move with the text. Simple workflow, easy to update and modify.

Required Software

FCP 10.3.X
Scribus (Open source desktop publishing)

Using Scribus, Create a document with the dimensions of 1920 by 10,000. Make the page black, Your page size will differ, but 10,000 is a good starting point. My end credits are 3 minutes long and are 1920 by 14,000.

Add your credits, apply formatting as needed. I suggest using the text editor for tabs and for making other complex edits.

Add images as needed.

Export as a PNG.

Add to magnetic timeline in FCP.

Crop, use Ken Burns.

Move the start to the top above the credits. Move the end to the bottom. Right click and select linear.

Change clip duration to appropriate time.

FCP will render in under a minute

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by simon.yates.

Scrolling End Credits with Graphics Without Paying Extra 10 Sep 2017 10:05 #90428

• ronfya
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
So obvious that I didn't think of it !! Will try that (actually with InDesign cause I have it) cause I really don't like Manifesto (since it lets you fly blind with the layout while you're in its editing interface) which I use currently.
Thanks

Last edit: by ronfya.

Scrolling End Credits with Graphics Without Paying Extra 07 Jan 2020 04:21 #103762

• alinsdau
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I created a video to explain this process. It seems crazy but once you get it set up and going, it's incredibly fast to fill, change, and modify your credits for long sequences.

• Page: