fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: If i have 2.7k drone footage on my timeline, does my GoPro/iPhone video automatically get upscaled?

If i have 2.7k drone footage on my timeline, does my GoPro/iPhone video automatically get upscaled? 07 Feb 2020 18:23 #104464

• sunnymoney615
  • sunnymoney615's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey everyone,

New FCP/Drone user here. When i try to import my drone to FCP it automatically comes up as 1080p but when i change to 2.7 it is not full screen the only settings that works 2048x1152 (others have a black box around my footage).

My question is, when i upload GoPro and iPhone 11 (both i believe are capable of 2.7k im not sure) does it "upscale" those videos since my import settings are in 2.7K with the drone? I dont really understand the whole importing/video settings quite yet.

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

If i have 2.7k drone footage on my timeline, does my GoPro/iPhone video automatically get upscaled? 10 Feb 2020 03:17 #104504

• dgwvideo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 230
Video is imported at its native resolution, whether optimized or not. When you create a project you can specify the resolution by using the Custom setting. When dropping clips into that timeline, you use the spatial conform setting in the video inspector to determine how that native clip fits into your specified project. By default, FCPX uses "FIT" which will account for the borders you see with clips larger than your project size and different aspect ratios. You can select "FILL" instead to make the clips completely fill the project screen, or better yet, select "NONE" and then scale the 2.7K clips to exactly how you want them.
Creating history....one edit at a time !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: