Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: HDR10 and HLG in FCPX

HDR10 and HLG in FCPX 16 Jul 2019 02:53 #100444

• Paul Anderegg
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Anyone use FCPX for HDR exports? How about HLG master files? I am finding no matter what i do, my HDR exports areust always "wrong". I can dump my raw HLG files into a HLG timeline, export as HLG Prores, and the resulting files are always weird colors and look wrong...this is with no grading, just in and out same color and gamma. Trying to export REC709 timelines with HLG master files is the same, no matter what i set the color space overide to (BT2020 typically for rec 709 export of HLG2020 masters), there are weird color shifts and strange highlights. Anyone have some tips, or is FCPX just not really set to work with HLG yet? I have better luck converting HLG to PQ.

Using Resolve, I can do a simple slap down of HLG on the timeline and export no issues...same with HLG to 709, it is ainless,a nd the colors are not wrong. Really wish I could get the colors to work on FCPX, my Resolve is very time consuming to work with, cannot skim the timeline, cant do simple things quickly for ENG like FCPX.

Paul
The administrator has disabled public write access.