Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: working with keyboard/ stream deck without mouse edit question

working with keyboard/ stream deck without mouse edit question 08 Jul 2019 11:30 #100393

• petersxs
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi , i love work with dedicated buttons instead of the mouse because it keeps my eyes and attention more on the movie and its a lot faster. One problem i found was, when trimming there seems be no way to get the double window showing the last outgoing frame and first incoming frame i the viewer. this works only by dragging with the mouse.
( also in precision editor) i looked thorough all the keyboard shortcuts, an tried all kinds of cmd, alt etc combinations
no luck,, it would be so cool to trimm with buttons by frame seeing that window, even mapping to streamdeck
Anyone has a clue or info if this is at all possible ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

working with keyboard/ stream deck without mouse edit question 08 Jul 2019 16:25 #100398

• Axel
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 58
We had this before, and we came to the conclusion that 100% keyboard is not possible with FCPX. The playhead or the clip borders don't activate the double viewer of the precision editor: the pointer does (or something to that effect, can't remember the exact circumstances now). And there is no way to point with the keyboard.

FCPX works best in a combination of keyboard and mouse/magic mouse/trackpad.

Personally, I kept around 50 keyboard shortcuts, mostly repetitive or easy, context-related commands, the rest is mouse and gestures.

You might also want to check this:

Many commands not found in FCP's command editor are in the free Commandpost as mentioned in the video above.
Last Edit: 08 Jul 2019 16:26 by Axel.

working with keyboard/ stream deck without mouse edit question 08 Jul 2019 22:23 #100399

• petersxs
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Thanks Axel,
That's what i was fearing, was just hoping i oversaw something ,
well there goes another feature request ;)
I come from a linear workflow 30 years ago with SONY BVE 5000 and 9100 , with a keyboard quit similar to the "NEW DaVinci Edit keyboard :)
just programming my new Streamdeck XL , not having to remember shift alt command keystrokes and making macros
hitting keys in more fun & fast ;)
greets peter