If an editor uses parent clips instead of the synchronized multicams, this won't have good audio or angle selection options.
What is the best procedure for replacing these in the timeline with MC equivalents while preserving edit end points?
Below is what I do. Is there a better way?
1. Use skimmer to get starting timecode of parent clip in timeline.
2. Observe clip length in yellow numbers below viewer
3. Open multicam and skim to timecode for clip obtained in step #1. Note: it won't show the clip timecode if that's the monitoring angle, so select a different monitoring angle before skimming the clip.
4. Place marker; playhead jumps there
5. Move skimmer up so timecode from start of MC container clip displays (vs clip timecode).
6. Go back to timeline
7. In Browser, skim in MC clip to timecode obtained from step #5
8. Mark range with length obtained from step #2
9. Select parent clip in timeline
10. Do OPT+R for replace edit of timeline clip with marked range of MC clip which contains other angles and good audio.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
How to replace parent clips in timeline with equivalent multicam?
20 Jun 2019 21:38 #100271