Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Keep keyframes in place while slip editing

Keep keyframes in place while slip editing 10 Apr 2019 15:43 #99578

  • Ploki
  • Ploki's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 0
When i use slip edit, keyframes get slip edited as well (they move with the footage inside the clip)
is it possible to slip edit (move footage inside clip) and have keyframes stay put?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Keep keyframes in place while slip editing 10 Apr 2019 16:22 #99580

  • Axel
  • Axel's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 58
  • Karma: 9
Ploki wrote:
When i use slip edit, keyframes get slip edited as well (they move with the footage inside the clip)
is it possible to slip edit (move footage inside clip) and have keyframes stay put?

Off the cuff I only can think of a rather clumsy method:
> copy the clip before the slip edit - cmd+c
> remove attributes - shift+cmd+x (look at the checkboxes to make sure that only those keyframed attributes are removed
> perform the edit
> paste attributes (with keyframe-timing: "maintain")

May I ask why you need to do that? The key to keyframes is applying a cue to a specific frame, no?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Keep keyframes in place while slip editing 10 Apr 2019 17:55 #99582

  • Ploki
  • Ploki's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 0
annoying :S

I have a faux zoom setup and I like it's absolute position in the project, and the shot it's happening on is a fixed shot, so I'd only need to adjust on exactly which frame it ends.

I guess it would work if i make a compound clip and keyframe scale on the compound clip, leaving the "child" free to slip as pleased
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Keep keyframes in place while slip editing 10 Apr 2019 19:09 #99585

  • Axel
  • Axel's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 58
  • Karma: 9
Ploki wrote:
I guess it would work if i make a compound clip and keyframe scale on the compound clip, leaving the "child" free to slip as pleased

I don't think so. Because you can slide the child only within the compound. But this should work (theoretically, can't try it just now):