Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 10.4.4 Released

10.4.4 Released 16 Nov 2018 06:52 #97708

  • Redifer
  • Redifer's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
  • Karma: 0
Well I found what I consider to be a rather giant bug. Creating Compound Clips does not work correctly any more for me. The newly created compound clip will slide to a new place earlier in the timeline instead of staying put, like it should. Does not seem to matter if created with Alt + G or via right-click/contextual menu.

Video evidence: - www.gamesack.net/crap/CC.mp4

It should absolutely not do that.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

10.4.4 Released 16 Nov 2018 07:52 #97709

H264 is considered legacy?
Do the Apple guys like to be bashed? What about the older hardware that doesn't play well with HEVC? Do they obsolete it?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

10.4.4 Released 16 Nov 2018 09:36 #97710

  • Axel
  • Axel's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 53
  • Karma: 9
ektoras.papageorgiou wrote:
H264 is considered legacy?
Do the Apple guys like to be bashed? What about the older hardware that doesn't play well with HEVC? Do they obsolete it?

There's no evidence for that. They talk about HDCAM-SR, CineForm format, Avid DNxHD/DNxHR "and other media from older cameras", probably HDV and the like. Anyway, they give early notice. Next MacOS, they won't be supported, so better transcode old codecs and consolidate longtime projects *now*. So that in a year, when Mojaves successor comes, nobody can complain.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

10.4.4 Released 16 Nov 2018 09:43 #97711

  • Redifer
  • Redifer's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
  • Karma: 0
I use absolutely zero of those codecs and I still get the warning. They need to let us know EXACTLY what clips or files are affected instead of being vague.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

10.4.4 Released 16 Nov 2018 10:17 #97712

… for our German board members:
Robin Kurz hat in kurzweiligen 35min alle Neuerungen zusammengefasst

The administrator has disabled public write access.

10.4.4 Released 16 Nov 2018 11:18 #97714

  • FCPX.guru
  • FCPX.guru's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 302
  • Karma: 33
There’s a new and insightful opinion no one has ever heard.before...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

10.4.4 Released 16 Nov 2018 13:04 #97715

Redifer wrote:
I use absolutely zero of those codecs and I still get the warning. They need to let us know EXACTLY what clips or files are affected instead of being vague.
Yes, same here. Week old library, footage shot with FS7 and some stills and video from smartphones and got a warning when I updated the library.
I hope these legacy codecs will still be supported in other NLE when years come buy. I can't afford to lose DNxHD, there is no other way to get something equivalent to Prores from a PC.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

10.4.4 Released 16 Nov 2018 17:35 #97717

  • bracket26
  • bracket26's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Karma: 0
Redifer wrote:
Well I found what I consider to be a rather giant bug. Creating Compound Clips does not work correctly any more for me. The newly created compound clip will slide to a new place earlier in the timeline instead of staying put, like it should. Does not seem to matter if created with Alt + G or via right-click/contextual menu.

Video evidence: - www.gamesack.net/crap/CC.mp4

It should absolutely not do that.

Oh man, that IS a big problem! Thanks for reporting it here, please send Apple a bug report if you haven't already. I use compound clips heavily in my workflow. I think I'll wait for the bug fix, as exciting as the new features seem to be.
Last Edit: 16 Nov 2018 17:36 by bracket26. Reason: missing quote
The administrator has disabled public write access.

10.4.4 Released 16 Nov 2018 17:38 #97719

  • bracket26
  • bracket26's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Karma: 0
Doug wrote:
Is it weird that I'm potentially most excited for this?

"- Typing the first few letters of a font name jumps directly to the font in the list"

This is a longtime annoyance, and it's a relief they finally fixed it! Looking forward to testing it out, once they fix the apparent Compound Clip bug.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

10.4.4 Released 16 Nov 2018 17:57 #97723

  • Jonathan Levin
  • Jonathan Levin's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
  • Karma: 5
Anyone try and find the extensions in the App Store? When I type in Final Cut Extensions I get nothing within the app store. Maybe this needs to be done while in FCP???
The administrator has disabled public write access.

10.4.4 Released 16 Nov 2018 17:58 #97724

  • Andreas Kiel
  • Andreas Kiel's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 163
  • Karma: 31
Redifer wrote:
I use absolutely zero of those codecs and I still get the warning. They need to let us know EXACTLY what clips or files are affected instead of being vague.
Yes, same here. Week old library, footage shot with FS7 and some stills and video from smartphones and got a warning when I updated the library.
I hope these legacy codecs will still be supported in other NLE when years come buy. I can't afford to lose DNxHD, there is no other way to get something equivalent to Prores from a PC.
JPEG is out of time too.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

10.4.4 Released 16 Nov 2018 18:05 #97727

  • Jonathan Levin
  • Jonathan Levin's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
  • Karma: 5
Pro Video formats 2.0.7 in my App Store update section 11/16/2018
The administrator has disabled public write access.

10.4.4 Released 16 Nov 2018 19:38 #97731

  • FCPX.guru
  • FCPX.guru's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 302
  • Karma: 33
provideoupdate.jpg
The administrator has disabled public write access.

10.4.4 Released 16 Nov 2018 19:40 #97732

  • FCPX.guru
  • FCPX.guru's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 302
  • Karma: 33
Jonathan Levin wrote:
Anyone try and find the extensions in the App Store? When I type in Final Cut Extensions I get nothing within the app store. Maybe this needs to be done while in FCP???

Extensions won't be in the App Store, they'll be given as plugin installs directly from the developer. And the only three available at the moment are inlaced with the update install.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

10.4.4 Released 16 Nov 2018 19:40 #97733

  • bradywurtz
  • bradywurtz's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
  • Karma: 1
What's this mean?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

10.4.4 Released 16 Nov 2018 23:51 #97735

  • damiangrady
  • damiangrady's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
  • Karma: 1
Shutterstock's extension is in the App Store as is Frame.io's.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

10.4.4 Released 17 Nov 2018 00:08 #97737

  • Axel
  • Axel's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 53
  • Karma: 9
To load the Pro codecs:
> open FCP
> go to Top Menu > Final Cut Pro > Download additional content

You'll get the Pro Video Formats, 1300 Sound FX and some stuff for Motion, all in all 1,77 GB

Made a clean install & tried some things with the help of Robin Kurz' tutorial. With the new comparison viewer, it's a breeze to match shots. I made workspaces in the fashion of Apple Color's "rooms".
"Primary" - scopes, a 100% viewer, wheels, effects (i.e. for noise reduction) and a mini timeline
"Secondary" - as above, but with HS-curves and without effects tab
"Match" - comparison viewer with scopes, viewer with scopes, color tab

Assigned F1, F2 and F3 to it in >System Preferences >Keyboard >Shortcuts >App Shortcuts>Final Cut Pro (custom workspaces are not listed in FCP's command editor). Never worked before (used to "hack" the default workspaces), but now it works.
Last Edit: 17 Nov 2018 00:08 by Axel.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

10.4.4 Released 17 Nov 2018 03:48 #97738

  • MsJustine
  • MsJustine's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Banned
  • I am in Durban, safe and warm...
  • Thank you received: 46
  • Karma: -78
I have tried to find the extensions as mentioned by Steve in his video, and I can find the frame io and it works I think, not sure, but the other 2 mentioned, shutterstock and the ripple training extension, nope nowhere, I tried the shutterstock website, no mention of a plug in or an extension for fcpx...

Nothing on the high sierra version, and nothing on the mojave version..strange.

UPDATE: I was able to find the shutterstock extension, and the frame io extension and yes it creates a puzzle piece, come on Apple really this is poor, the app store is a pigsty, it is so out of date, barely functional hunk of junk.

The 10.4.4 update should have included the 3 "apps" as a automatic pre download or pre-install or install at first launch, this hunt and seek idea is just stupid at every level!
Last Edit: 17 Nov 2018 04:24 by MsJustine.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

10.4.4 Released 17 Nov 2018 08:47 #97741

  • robertdee
  • robertdee's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
  • Karma: 1
Just tested out the font search function and it's really going to save me a lot of irritation. That's a nice little tweak. The colour comparison windows - while limited are a welcome addition too. Interested to see what happens with the extensions as that's going to be very interesting with third party apps. Being a bit fanciful but I wonder if motion would work as an extension at some point in the future...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

10.4.4 Released 17 Nov 2018 15:50 #97745

  • MJsanders
  • MJsanders's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Karma: 0
The HDCam SR Codec is one of the codec choices on the Sony F5 and F55 where its called SSTP. Its a real shame FCP X doesn't support it because its a great HD 444 codec especially for Chromakey work.

And annoyingly it works fine in Resolve 15.2
The administrator has disabled public write access.