Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Project won't render or export... HELP!!

Project won't render or export... HELP!! 16 Oct 2018 11:03 #97402

Hi Guys,

I am crapping my jocks and was wondering if anyone can help me here.

I just made a video. It's only 3 minutes, but it's quite processor heavy. It uses 4K video, some grading, neat video noise reduction on half the clips and the flicker free plug in. I clicked share and it's literally sharing 1% every hour.

I just replaced my machine, so I should have plenty of power. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here? or how I can solve this issue? I've never seen a 3minute video take this long to render out before.

I have deleted render files and trashed preferences.
I've tried rendering with my Macbook Pro and same issue.

Thank you

Phil

I'm working on Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6.
FCPX is 10.4.3
Machine is: iMac 5K, 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7 Memory 64Gb
Last Edit: 16 Oct 2018 11:26 by phil@circuitfactory.ae.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Project won't render or export... HELP!! 16 Oct 2018 12:06 #97404

UPDATE!!

I went through each plug in and isolated them to find that it was Flicker Free by digital anarchy... Neat video and LUTS took a bit of grunt, but then came through just fine.

Does anyone else have an issue with this plug in? first time I've had a render problem with it. Tend to use it a lot.

Please let me know if you do, or have any alternatives!!

Thank you,
Phil
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Project won't render or export... HELP!! 16 Oct 2018 17:13 #97408

  • FCPX.guru
  • FCPX.guru's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • bbalser.com
  • Posts: 2227
  • Thank you received: 299
  • Karma: 33
I've never had need for it. Why exactly are you using it?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Project won't render or export... HELP!! 17 Oct 2018 03:49 #97414

FCPX.guru wrote:
I've never had need for it. Why exactly are you using it?
to reduce the flicker when you film higher frame rates under certain light sources.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Project won't render or export... HELP!! 17 Oct 2018 12:57 #97416

  • joema
  • joema's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1019
  • Thank you received: 212
  • Karma: 17
phil@circuitfactory.ae wrote:
...it was Flicker Free by digital anarchy... Neat video and LUTS took a bit of grunt, but then came through just fine.

Does anyone else have an issue with this plug in? first time I've had a render problem with it. Tend to use it a lot....

I've used it a lot and had no problems except it's very slow and CPU-intensive to run -- even on my iMac Pro. In some cases it seems to get exponentially slower if combining it with other plugins or effects. However I always defer applying Flicker Free, Portraiture, Neat Video, etc. until late in the final edit, otherwise it slows down everything.

To my knowledge there is no good alternative to Flicker Free. It is slow but it's essentially doing a miracle -- it can fix exposure stepping, banding, etc which are impossible or very difficult to fix any other way.

If you have a problem with it, I suggest deleting all your render files, verify you have the latest version of the plugin, temporarily disable all other plugins and effects on a "problem" clip, then see if Flicker Free works better. If it works, add back your other effects -- on your single test clip -- and see if it still works.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Project won't render or export... HELP!! 17 Oct 2018 14:11 #97417

  • JarrodMFay
  • JarrodMFay's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 119
  • Thank you received: 23
  • Karma: 1
I know it's just a workaround, but you could export a "sub master" without Flicker Free then bring that Prores file back in (on it's own timeline) and apply FF to that before exporting. That would eliminate any possible slowdown because of mixed plugins. It's a pain but it could get you through the project.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Project won't render or export... HELP!! 19 Oct 2018 18:11 #97447

joema wrote:
phil@circuitfactory.ae wrote:
...it was Flicker Free by digital anarchy... Neat video and LUTS took a bit of grunt, but then came through just fine.

Does anyone else have an issue with this plug in? first time I've had a render problem with it. Tend to use it a lot....

I've used it a lot and had no problems except it's very slow and CPU-intensive to run -- even on my iMac Pro. In some cases it seems to get exponentially slower if combining it with other plugins or effects. However I always defer applying Flicker Free, Portraiture, Neat Video, etc. until late in the final edit, otherwise it slows down everything.

To my knowledge there is no good alternative to Flicker Free. It is slow but it's essentially doing a miracle -- it can fix exposure stepping, banding, etc which are impossible or very difficult to fix any other way.

If you have a problem with it, I suggest deleting all your render files, verify you have the latest version of the plugin, temporarily disable all other plugins and effects on a "problem" clip, then see if Flicker Free works better. If it works, add back your other effects -- on your single test clip -- and see if it still works.
Great advice. Thank you. I also emailed support and they told me to put FF at the top of the effects stack, as to use it on a color graded image really slams the CPU.

Thanks again for the advice. Will definitely use this moving forward.

Phil
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Project won't render or export... HELP!! 19 Oct 2018 18:12 #97448

JarrodMFay wrote:
I know it's just a workaround, but you could export a "sub master" without Flicker Free then bring that Prores file back in (on it's own timeline) and apply FF to that before exporting. That would eliminate any possible slowdown because of mixed plugins. It's a pain but it could get you through the project.
Will try this if the other option fails (turning off all other effects, putting FF at top of effects stack and rendering out before adding back) x
The administrator has disabled public write access.